Resource icon

Dragon Pass Scenario 1 Bunch vs BlackWolf vlog 2020-01-07

No permission to download
Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Bunch you still have the following units to deploy:

Veterans' Cavalry
2nd Furthest Cavalry
3rd Furthest Cavalry

I deleted the dinossaurs and the illusions since we won't use them, that way we can check the inventory more easily.

Also found this under preferences so we don't worry about hovering the mouse and the screening rule.
Screenshot_2020-01-10_20-09-02.png

Attachments

• dragon_pass_sartar_deploy.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Did you begin logging before deploying your units? I ask because when I open the logfile and step through it there's nothing there.
I used your logfile to add my missing units and I'm adding it here.

Attachments

• dragon_pass_lunar_deploy.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 2
Also I'm not going to be able to get to my computer for updates tomorrow.

Did you begin logging before deploying your units? I ask because when I open the logfile and step through it there's nothing there.
I used your logfile to add my missing units and I'm adding it here.
I didn't deploy, waited on you to finish.
I just added some comments on the log and removed the dinossaurs and illusion.
I will start deploying now.

Also I'm not going to be able to get to my computer for updates tomorrow.
Don't worry, just do the updates when there is no rush and you feeling ok about it. :thumbsup:

Sartar deployment is done. You can roll for the random event.
I leave a pray for Orlanth, and an oath to fight for the freedom of the tribes and expel the evil empire from the lands of my ancestors.

This is how we are looking:

Dragon Pass - Stemming the Tide - Deployment.jpg

Attachments

• dragon_pass_sartar_deploy.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
OK I hope I have done this correctly. Most of the units have gone to occupy unoccupied fortresses. The set next to two of your groups has retreated to the temple sw. The attack at Swenstown failed. I left off with you needing to resolve the counterattack and then do your move.

sound right?

Attachments

• dragon_pass_lunar_round_1.txt
    5 KB · Views: 1
Sounds right to me.
We just gotta watch for the rearrange stack step, gotta remember asking you next phase.
Also, the log has a lot of me moving counters in the dead zone, I was trying to organize them in a stack there.
Check the log to see if everything is ok too! And send me a log confirming if I can start my phase on turn 1.

The Sartarites were merciless in their defense, It appears they remember everything they suffered during Lunar occupation.

Attachments

• Swenstown Counter Attack lunar round 1.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 3
Everything looks fine.
regarding stacks I believe you get to rearrange my stack so I don't think you need to wait for me.

I can only rearrage the my stacks. Attacking player ajusts attacking stacks, defeding player adjust defending stacks.
Since CF loss eliminates units from the top of the stack, it can be important to change the order in some battles.

Moved some stacks. Attacked the Lunar unit near Swenstown, luck chaos worshippers survives and are counter attacking.
Waiting on the counter attack to be resolved.

Attachments

• Turn 1 Sartar Player Segment.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
How about we save some time and if it's just the one unit doing a counter attack you just roll. I'm going to trust you.

"Those chaos worshipper may have been luck with the free man of Sartar, but the babarian horde wouldn't forgive them so easily. It appears the threat on Swenstown was over, for now..."

Ok, you have to decide if you want to retreat / and if you want to rearrange the stack on Sun Dome Temple.

Attachments

• Turn 1 Sartar Player Segment Lunar Counter 1.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 1
"Those chaos worshipper may have been luck with the free man of Sartar, but the babarian horde wouldn't forgive them so easily. It appears the threat on Swenstown was over, for now..."

Ok, you have to decide if you want to retreat / and if you want to rearrange the stack on Sun Dome Temple.
I'm fine with staying put and keeping the stack order.

Lunar counter attack!

"The battle rages on the Sun Dome Temple, the sartarites appear to be blessed by with the fury of the wind. But It is too soon to draw any conclusions, for now It is time for the Lunars to strike back."

Attachments

• Turn 1 Sartar Player Segment Sun Dome Temple Battle 1.txt
Lunar counter attack!

"The battle rages on the Sun Dome Temple, the sartarites appear to be blessed by with the fury of the wind. But It is too soon to draw any conclusions, for now It is time for the Lunars to strike back."
on a counter attack are reserve units allowed to attack back?

Reserve units are only for the attacking player.

Only the top 3 major units in a stack plus unlimited non-major units (the non-major units must be above the 4 th major unit from the top of
the stack) may attack from each stack (this also applies to counter-attacks).

So yeah you can attack with them, just follow the above guideline.

I also noticed that I forgot about multihex battles (could have used the 2 stacks in the same battle).
Also the 2 units that I killed are outside of the temple (fortification only works for bottom 3 major units), happily that doesn't change the outcome, since I was left with CF loss 6, and you got CF.

Game proceed as normal, bring on your lunar devil worshipers! :hehe:

counter attacked NE with one unit lost.

Attachments

• Turn 1 Sartar - Sun Dome Temple Battle 1-CntrAttk.txt
I have no actions left. You can proceed playing, don't forget to move the turn marker. :thumbsup:

Sorry snow day here so all four are home today plus snow. Good for gaming with kids but hard to focus on other things

Sorry snow day here so all four are home today plus snow. Good for gaming with kids but hard to focus on other things
Take your time, I mean it. Just update me monthly so I can be sure we are still playing :hehe:

Plague struck the fortresses of Sartar inflicting its curse on the invading Lunar.

please check the combat at the temple.

Attachments

• Turn 2 Lunar.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 1
Hey, no need for CA, since you forgot to ask If I would retreat. The topmost unit was eliminated and I retreated with the remaining one.
Can I proceed to my player turn?

Attachments

• Turn 2 Lunar Sartar Retreat.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 0
Hey, no need for CA, since you forgot to ask If I would retreat. The topmost unit was eliminated and I retreated with the remaining one.
Can I proceed to my player turn?
Sorry my bad. If ever I do something wrong feel free to undo it and mention it. I'll go back no problem. I have way too many distractions these days.

Sorry my bad. If ever I do something wrong feel free to undo it and mention it. I'll go back no problem. I have way too many distractions these days.
And yes proceed with your turn. I don't plan on anyone retreating if that helps.

I've done my movement, and a battle happens on part 2. Lunar counter-attack step now.

"After dealing with some disease masters spreading plagues in the region, the Sartarites attecked the Sun Dome Temple in full force, but few Lunars remained bravely defending their position. Even though the odds are looking good, it is to soon to celebrate".

Attachments

• Turn 2 Sartar Player-Segment part 2.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Turn 2 Sartar Player-Segment.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 1
Counter attack was repelled.
Turn 3 had no meaningful events.
lunar in full retreat

Attachments

• Turn 2 Sartar-Lunar CA.txt
  • Turn 3 Lunar.txt
    5 KB · Views: 1
Played Sartar turn, mostly moved troops. There was a battle on the stream, hope you don't mind, I rolled for Luna counter since there was only unit left to quicken things up. It would be interesting to us to house rule this counter step on the next scenario, pherhaps random stack rearrange on defense or no rearranging for the defensive stack at all? Ended turned, movemet turn track. Left the random phase for you. :thumbsup:

"The Citiy Militia followed the retrating Lunar battling alongside The Stream, but the terrain didn't make things easier and either side was led with indecisive actions."

"In the mean time tensions build up as Sartarites approach Duck Point".

"Meanwhile in the north, the war still rages on a cold manner.

This is how we are in at the begnning of turn 4:

duckpoint tensions.jpg

Jonstown Initiative.jpg

Attachments

• Turn 3 Sartar.txt
    9 KB · Views: 1
Barbarian Horde units sensing the impending fight at Duck Point refuse to move until a larger portion of the booty is assigned to them.
Lunar moves units from the northern fortresses to the more central stockades.
The Lunar forces at Duck Point catch wind of the Hordes reluctance and attempt to use it to attack the forces at the river.

(rearrange the stack if you so chose.)

Attachments

• Turn 4 Lunar.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 1
Lunar attacked the weakened foes in the river and got decimated.

Attachments

• Turn 4 Lunar-combat.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
Movement phase done.
Battle declared on Duck Point.
Lunar turn to decide on rearrange and retreat.

"Close to his next battle, the barbarian horde started a small squabble over loot because of a fellow named Xaquilles. Nevertheless the remaining Sartar forces decided to position around Duck Point and fight the battle without the horde".

"In the north citizens would gossip about the warriors movements, but a cold war seemed to rage on, in antecipation of the worse".

Attachments

• Turn 4 Sartar Player Segment.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 0
Movement phase done.
Battle declared on Duck Point.
Lunar turn to decide on rearrange and retreat.

"Close to his next battle, the barbarian horde started a small squabble over loot because of a fellow named Xaquilles. Nevertheless the remaining Sartar forces decided to position around Duck Point and fight the battle without the horde".

"In the north citizens would gossip about the warriors movements, but a cold war seemed to rage on, in antecipation of the worse".
No retreat but if you could please rearrange so the highest CF units are on the top.

Lunar counter attack.

"The lack of the barbarians indeed seems to have affected the troops, for the Lunars have hold their position to excellency and now prepare to strike"

Attachments

• Turn 4 Sartar Duck Point Battle.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
Counter attack killed one unit in hex 2425. Turn 5 saw continued combat against the Sartar forces NE of Duck Point killing another unit.
Can the Lunar's hold for the remaining two Sartar turns? We shall see.....

No rearrange. No surrender. Lunar must hold Duck Point.

Attachments

• Turn 4 Sartar Duck Point Battle - Lunar C-A.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 1
Bunch Bunch you forgot about double defensive.
During counter attack you had CF total 20, the roll of 4 results in CF loss = 10 eliminating the 3 units of the top.
On your turn the CF 7 will eliminate the remaining one, killing the whole stack.
You gotta decide if you are going to move into the stack, but I advise against since If I take the fort by the end of this turn I will win.
Also you still gotta move the troops in the north.

So make your moves. :thumbsup:

Bunch Bunch you forgot about double defensive.
During counter attack you had CF total 20, the roll of 4 results in CF loss = 10 eliminating the 3 units of the top.
On your turn the CF 7 will eliminate the remaining one, killing the whole stack.
You gotta decide if you are going to move into the stack, but I advise against since If I take the fort by the end of this turn I will win.
Also you still gotta move the troops in the north.

So make your moves. :thumbsup:
Not moving into the stack. At this point I'm shooting for a draw. The troops up north are holding the fortresses and the single is I believe just blocking the road right now.

"As if the rain was a sign of the gods that these battles were only the beginning the Lunars proven to be though fighters and held Duck Point without breaking. The tales would be passed on into God Time."

Well, It's safe to say It's a draw. Good game!

I'm ready to dive into scenario 2 whenever you are ready.

Final 1.jpg

Final Battle.jpg

Attachments

• Turn 5 Sartar.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 1
I missed your update Saturday or I would have responded earlier.
I'm up for Scenario 2. Would you like to pick sides first since I did last time?

I certainly learned a lot. It might have helped to have done a more thorough reading of the rules and thought more early on about my plan. I missed the fact I start with possession of Duck Point and the two northern fortresses and you don't have the ability to start in them. I don't regularly play hex and chit games so thinking about terrain probably slowed me down.

Thanks for you patience with me.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back