Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Moderation. Moderation never changes.

The end of RPG discussion occurred pretty much as we'd predicted.

Too many power-hungry moderators, not enough fun discussions to go around.

The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely stupid ones.

The Internet was nearly wiped clean of fun.

A great cleansing.

Spears of red modposts rained from the skies. Whole forums were swallowed in flames, or sank beneath the boiling oceans of rightthink.

A quiet darkness fell across the RPG forums, lasting many years.

A few had been fortunate enough to reach safety, taking shelter in the RPG Pub.

When the quiet darkness passed, the Pub opened and the inhabitants emerged to begin their discussions again.

Had a bran muffin it worked fine :hehe: lol

The sad part is other forums would consider this place as bad and evil because of the no politics allowed policy.

Thankful for the mods for that. I stopped spending time with friends who saw politics in everything and anything.

Had a bran muffin it worked fine :hehe: lol

The sad part is other forums would consider this place as bad and evil because of the no politics allowed policy.

Thankful for the mods for that. I stopped spending time with friends who saw politics in everything and anything.

The decision to not allow politics on a RPG discussion forum is truly a gold star decision. The ENWorld thread on the DL lawsuit is a great example why. Over 450 posts, and maybe 5% to 10% are actually related to the issue at hand. Most of the rest are using this one lawsuit, and some of the possible contributors, as a proxy battle for politics.

The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely stupid ones.

A great cleansing.

Spears of red modposts rained from the skies. Whole forums were swallowed in flames, or sank beneath the boiling oceans of rightthink.

When the quiet darkness passed, the Pub opened and the inhabitants emerged to begin their discussions again.
I read that in Billy Idols voice first, but then went back and switched to David Bowie in Diamond Dogs and it's much better. I recommend the latter for everyone.

WotC is stupid if they did breach contract.

Weis and Hickman are stupid if they did fail to meet editorial guidelines.

The Internet is stupid for having elaborate opinions with no access to the facts and no education in law.

This lawsuit is the stupidest thing yet in a year that’s seen colossal stupidity on a planetary scale.

Pandemics and climate change have so far been unable to threat the continued existence of mankind as a species, but stupid will be the death of us.

If only we could harness the stupid as a source of clean power and/or immunity.

WotC is stupid if they did breach contract.

Weis and Hickman are stupid if they did fail to meet editorial guidelines.

The Internet is stupid for having elaborate opinions with no access to the facts and no education in law.

This lawsuit is the stupidest thing yet in a year that’s seen colossal stupidity on a planetary scale.

Pandemics and climate change have so far been unable to threat the continued existence of mankind as a species, but stupid will be the death of us.

If only we could harness the stupid as a source of clean power and/or immunity.

Bad day?

:clown:

tumblr_moicmaKFoG1rbgu1so3_250.gif

But from the point of view of a Fifth Age fan, the War of Souls was a mess, even if Hickman seemed to try to do some stuff in the third book to pull it out of the 'everything from the Fifth Age is Horribly EEEEVIL and Badwrongfun!' that peaked in the second. The post-WoS game material apparently did more to try and salvage the parts of the Fifth Age that were left, but the War of Souls left such a bad taste in my mouth I couldn't appreciate the foundation they had to build on. I also started delving deeper into the foundations of DL and realizing 'OK, what I loved about this setting is either a) superficial (art and graphic design), b) material that's been largely superseded (the old game stuff, the Fifth Age), or c) stuff I was bringing to it myself. No point trying to keep building on a flawed foundation; better to take inspiration and do my own thing with a sounder base and clearer vision.'

To be fair, you may have had a few irons in the fire at the time that didn't really turn out the way you'd have liked, either, so it was a complicated time for all of us fans and contributors.

Cheers,
Cam

To be fair, you may have had a few irons in the fire at the time that didn't really turn out the way you'd have liked, either, so it was a complicated time for all of us fans and contributors.

Cheers,
Cam

Yes, I was venting a bit there. :smile: I appreciate the opportunities (and regret and apologize for any unprofessional behavior on my part), but I still think that in the long run, Krynn and I are better off going our separate ways.

Last edited:
As I've been talking and watching Lawyers (like real ones) on YT, they all say the same thing: No one can afford a lawsuit and running the other side out of cash first is sadly a common tactic. I personally think that W&H are in the right, and I hope they win.

I'd certainly contribute some $$ to a legal fund to keep em in the game longer.

If I decapitate another forum will I receive the quickening? :tongue: :smile:
My largess extends to a partially used box of shake and bake, but essentially yes, yes you will.

A great cleansing.

Moderators. They're right up there with geese an forum posters as things that should be shot on sight.

Interesting.

Dragonlance novels, specifically the original Dragons and Twins trilogies were the first actual novels that I read that weren't written for small children. The Lord of the Rings was too dry and cumbersome at the time.

I remember truly loving them, and as a social outcast really identifying with Raistlin. Funny enough, when I was a few years younger, I liked Tanis the most, but when I became a moody, angsty goth kid you can imagine my preferences shifting to the scummy wizard.

Anyway, they were fun books and I remember lots of vivid descriptions of bulging biceps and curvy thighs. The sometimes overt sexuality was pretty nifty for a lonely teen.

However, I still remember cringing at a bit where some villains un-ironically referred to themselves as the "Forces of Evil". What the hell was that cartoony shit?

But I gave up on those books after discovering Ravenloft (my segue was Knight of the Black Rose, where a villain in the Twins Trilogy was banned to the land of mysts).

I haven't followed Dragonlance for, like over 20 years, and don't really care either way about its continuation. I'm glad that I have my original books though, and my original Art of Dragonlance book, full of cheesecake and cheesy monsters.

The thing that blew my mind was the "it takes all of us and we have to be accepting of good and evil people." I don't know what definition of "evil" they were using but what the hell?

I think that it goes back to "Evil" and "Good" with capital letters being alignment with cosmological powers and not morality and ethics.

Personally, I preferred Moorcock's dichotomy of Law and Chaos. It's less loaded, and you can have good and evil people aligned to either.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back