Dragonlance Musical from Russia!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
So in case you didn't know for some reason there is a rock musical version of Dragonlance from Russia.

The full stage version with subs is now up on YT, if you can make it through the whole thing you're made of sterner stuff than me. I'm an unabashed DL fan but this is a bit much.

So does this mean DL is a big thing in Russia?

Last edited:
Yeah it's pretty popular there due to the populairty of Russian language MUDs based around the setting (and also many Russians joining Anglophone MUDs). This in itself stems from the popularity of the Dragonlance novels in Russia. There's a bit of drama over the Dragonlance community there splitting into two groups. It's got odd aspects to it as one group is LARP and the other online, along with diverging opinions about fleshing out the canon.

To some extent Russian Dragonlance has become its own offshoot setting "The World of Three Moons".

I really liked the DL books as a teenager. A few years ago, I tried rereading them, and couldn't make it through the first book.

I'm afraid to look.

Why is Russia so much cooler than America these days?

It looks like they did the second trilogy. That's the best of the books. It's kinda sad that you have to read the first trilogy first. I don't think I got past the third trilogy.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back