Dreams of Futures Past

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Nexus

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
193213899_504685397323262_5308840625900211932_n.png

Edit: I'm sorry. I'm not sure why its not showing to everyone.

screenshot-from-2021-05-29-22-10-52-png.31418

Last edited:
Well... On the plus side, the optimism of Star Trek says that WW3 will start in 2026 leading to nuclear devastation, famine, and all that optimistic stuff. So something to still look forward to?

What I like best about old SciFi is everything got fins.

Spaceships get fins.
Space helmet? Needs a fin on top!
Rocket packs? Get some fins on that bad boy.
Laser gun? More fins!

The original title for Terry Gilliam's Brazil was 1984 & 1/2

I always question whether Brave New World should really be classed as dystopic. I may have missed some key points when I read it years and years ago, but it seems as good a way of running things as anything we've tried so far.

I always question whether Brave New World should really be classed as dystopic. I may have missed some key points when I read it years and years ago, but it seems as good a way of running things as anything we've tried so far.
The author meant it to be repellent, but he might have had a privileged experience and dizzyingly rosy view of real life.

For anyone whose read Niven's Inferno, we're in that place in purgatory where you can look at any place in the universe you want via a window, with the pub being the window.
Yeah just don't look over there....

1984 is also the best year of G.I.Joe comics (issues 19-30).
Number 19 was when I started reading.

back onto the thread topic, I still remember being told there was a 90s Mack Bolan novel that predicted we’d run out of fossil fuels and World War III woukd have started over it by 2006.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back