Dune board game imminent...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Yeah, I've heard that. I've also heard that it actually works, only not as good as with higher numbers. Unfortunately for me, my realistic expectation is 4, with luck 5, people at the table.

Oh by Spice bribery I meant the normal rules move of bribing people with Spice directly. This seems specially true in Bidding phase where giving Spice to the Atreiides to know the cards is a thing. I've read this can be a real time sink depending on the group.
The problem is that you cannot mengingfully engage in the social element of the game simply because if 2 people work together, the other two have to. You also need all the factions to really make the economy work

I've found 4 players does lead to 2 on 2 alliances, but also shifting alliances if one pair doesn't win quickly, so it rarely becomes dull.

Honestly, whoever sides with the Fremen usually wins.

Now that everyone's getting their vaccine in my neck of the woods, I have decided to pull the trigger on buying this. Where is the best place for me to pick up a copy?

I got mine here in Brazil so I can't help, Brock Savage Brock Savage . I thought I saw some copies on the Gale Force 9 website for 50 bucks though? I see there are some on Amazon for varied costs.

What are your thoughts on the expansion? The overall impression I got from webz discussions:

- Ixians are good. Well designed and It's mobile stronghold open up the game in terms of victory conditions. Same for the Tech tokens.

- Tleilaxu are meh? Totally random Face Dancers can make them boring to play with or against (I confess I like the idea of an "infiltrator" faction that can pull a devastating move from nowhere, though, see my appreciation for the Bene Gesserit).

- New cards can be good or bad. Good if you're tired of the old meta and wanted a refresh. Bad if you liked the tightness of original deck and card types, in whiich case the new one dilutes it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Official game mat coming soon. In vinyl and 135% the original board size..

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back