Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Merging with a sandworm and turning yourself into an immortal monstrosity as the only way to save mankind. I get why one might feel the necessity to do this but be unhappy that you have to live with the consequences. No nookie for 3,500 years.
9160F47B-4257-4738-90A5-3E0E68740B5D.jpeg

So, there's been a lot of "what was that hand spider thing" well, it's a Teleixu sex toy in a gimp suit and not a pre-teen boy at all and it's there to show the baron is a pervert without having him strangle kittens. I get the decision, really it's probably for the best.

No, I’m trapped in a sexy world.

Boy howdy have we ever! ... never mind.

Last edited:
I loved how much emotion there was in Dune.
The Harkonnen's felt perverse, bloated and dim-witted.
The Saudakar felt elite, fanatical and deadly
And the Sandworms felt holy and sacred.
Everything just felt like it was designed to evoke these emotions to give you a better sense of the characters without directly telling you.

He said he has never been able to find it, and doubts that it really exists.
That's a bit of an odd stance. Why wouldn't it exist?
Denmark actually is a real country with a real language and translated books.

If you actually bought that book at a final bus/train/tram station in Sweden, you'd be buying Klit at Slutstation.

That's a bit of an odd stance. Why wouldn't it exist?
Denmark actually is a real country with a real language and translated books.

If you actually bought that book at a final bus/train/tram station in Sweden, you'd be buying Klit at Slutstation.
The denizens of Slutstation might get a bad rap but IME they’d be just the sort of people to help a hapless enthusiast discover Klit.

I am holding off until it concludes. I actually enjoyed the David Lynch film, and not in a big hurry to watch another (I also avoided the mini-series remake). Like two-parter Stephen King's "It", I held off until it was done because I had satisfying memories of the made-for-tv series one with Tim Curry. When I heard "It" part two didn't stick the landing I was happy I never saw the first part. I may be missing something, but I remain with only my happy memories. :shade: :drink: Ahh, refreshing!

:grin: Avoidance, a prophylactic for pop culture disappointment! :thumbsup:

I am holding off until it concludes. I actually enjoyed the David Lynch film, and not in a big hurry to watch another (I also avoided the mini-series remake). Like two-parter Stephen King's "It", I held off until it was done because I had satisfying memories of the made-for-tv series one with Tim Curry. When I heard "It" part two didn't stick the landing I was happy I never saw the first part. I may be missing something, but I remain with only my happy memories. :shade: :drink: Ahh, refreshing!

:grin: Avoidance, a prophylactic for pop culture disappointment! :thumbsup:
That's a fair approach. It's not even like a second movie was guaranteed in this case. I somewhat wish I had done the same thing. I was thorughly enjoying the movie, then about half an hour before the end, it sunk in that the story was just going to stop halfway through, and I was going to have to wait years for the next part.

the-mask-jim-carrey.gif

Many an enjoyable evening at Slutstation I have spent, with Klit just overhead. I never passed the opportunity to raise my head ever so slightly upward, and give it the attention it deserves.
I never understood how guys (and probably some women) either don’t care or just don’t want to learn.

That's a fair approach. It's not even like a second movie was guaranteed in this case. I somewhat wish I had done the same thing. I was thorughly enjoying the movie, then about half an hour before the end, it sunk in that the story was just going to stop halfway through, and I was going to have to wait years for the next part.

Yeah, seeing the elation after "It" part 1 and people saying 'they finally got it right' and then the follwing antici...pation, followed by deflation. Well, it didn't look like a fun ride to me. Better to go without for myself. I hope your new Dune completes you whenever it finishes. :smile:

Granted I did the same for just about everything pop culture since after the Star Wars prequels (which don't exist :hehe: ). And I didn't want to see those movies in the theater either. I was blissful at the perfect cycle from 1977 to 1997. :smile: And with that attitude I have had a far more pleasant cinematic experience on average over so many decades than so many fellow fans!

(:hehe: For giggles, my shahada of Star Wars is: "There are no Star Wars films but the three films of the 70s/80s, and West End Games is its RPG. We tolerate the jurisprudence schools of Ewoks flicks, a Christmas Special, and the Ewoks & Droids cartoons of the 1980s. Extended universe books and games up to 128-bit are allowed, yet are Hadith, mere popular sayings.")

I don't mind the prequels - as a separate film series. Same with the Hobbit films, but in my mind they're a generic "kitchen sink" fantasy series.

Calling them Star Wars and Tolkien (respectively) just sucks though.

I just find my childhood happy 1970s, 80s, 90s film memories sufficient and embraced being selective ever since. It served me well! For example, I ended my Avengers run on a high note with only the first one, and at a midnight theater showing of hardcore fans. :hehe: I somehow knew it couldn't be surpassed for me beyond that (mainly because I am really not the target audience).

But I hope Dune pt2 sticks the landing... AND they stop it there. Doing the later books, especially the son's, seems like 'Danger Will Robinson!'

But I hope Dune pt2 sticks the landing... AND they stop it there. Doing the later books, especially the son's, seems like 'Danger Will Robinson!'

The made for TV "Children of Dune" is terrific. Sure, in some places the budget limits are plain to be seen, but it's a remarkably clear and coherent adaptation (given the complexity of the source material) with some very charismatic actors (including a young James McAvoy). I rewatched it a couple of years ago at it's as compelling as ever.

The Danish translation of Dune:

View attachment 48796

I asked the guy at the bookstore about it. He said he has never been able to find it, and doubts that it really exists.

As a dane, I can assure you all that it exists. Klit is the danish word for a dune. The danish word for sand, is the same as in english. So sand dunes would become sandklitter. Danish has a bunch of words, that can be interpreted in the wrong way like that.
thesheeep thesheeep forgot to mention, that the swedish word for the number six, is sex.

If you skip Dune Messiah it really is just a white savior narrative. Well, unless you change the ending and Paul dies early and Stilgar kills Feud Ratha and becomes emperor or something.

Many an enjoyable evening at Slutstation I have spent, with Klit just overhead. I never passed the opportunity to raise my head ever so slightly upward, and give it the attention it deserves.
Slutstation is always where you end up if you’re just willing to go the extra mile (it just means last stop).

If you skip Dune Messiah it really is just a white savior narrative. Well, unless you change the ending and Paul dies early and Stilgar kills Feud Ratha and becomes emperor or something.
Not 'just'

Also, the Fremen save Paul first.

IMO Well worth watching even with the wait for part 2. Same was true of IT , and I enjoyed both films. I also enjoyed Ralph Bakshi's LOTR, and it was instrumental in encouraging me to read the books.

If you need narrative closure, you are missing out on a lot of great stuff.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back