Dungeon B*****

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Lessa

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Just came across this.

It's apparently an upcoming game about "disaster lesbians getting fucked up on dungeons". And despite the unusual premise, it has some neat ideas, like this one:

"Building the World
Toss a bunch of dice on paper and check them against the provided tables. It is much more concerned with the microscale, practical parts of building - here's the dungeon, here's the town, here are the important things and potential threats.

Important note here is that, in violation of normal dungeon-crawling conventions, the town is dangerous. A different kind of danger than the dungeon (and the book will explore this difference), but still very dangerous. The world is not built for Bitches, and it tolerates them only inasmuch as one tolerates something that they hate. It will not take your side when trouble brews, and trouble will brew. In many ways, you are safer in the dungeon. A giant spider is just hungry and territorial. Someone in town hates you in particular."

And the archetypes are..

"The Bitches
There are ten character templates in Dungeon Bitches (referred to in the book as "deals") - Wounded Daughter, Lantern Girl, Amazon, Beast, Corpse Doll, Firebrand, Banshee, Runaway Nun, Witch, and Disgraced Princess. Each one is framed around how the world has fucked them over, and how they then process that. The Amazon does violence, the Firebrand sacrifices herself for others, the Lantern Girl is confused, the Corpse Doll remakes herself in the un-life, and so on. Mechanical components of the deals are secondary; everyone's got some leading questions to shape a background, relationships with other PCs, their unique moves, etc. The meat of the deal is in the concept itself, which is going to be the make-or-break part of roleplaying in this game. More on that a bit later."

Anyway, the article is good and to the point so I'll stop here. Anyone heard about this before?

I have enjoyed her Cave Girl blog and some of her other projects so I am backing.
Her who? The game author or the article writer? Sorry I'm out of the loop here. Tell me more, Brock.

Her who? The game author or the article writer? Sorry I'm out of the loop here. Tell me more, Brock.
Dungeon Bitches is written by Emmy 'Cavegirl' Allen. In the past she has written the games Esoteric Enterprises and Wolf-Packs & Winter Snow (which both use and tweak the rules from Lamentations of the Flame Princess). She's also written Gardens of Ynn and The Stygian Library, both of which are excellent, atmospheric, and very open-ended old-school adventures. As Brock has already mentioned, she has her own blog, which among other things has given several previews of the elements that would eventually go into Dungeon Bitches.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back