Dungeon of the Mad Mage Board game

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Bunch

The other Mods are geese!
Reaction score
Anyone have it? Do you like it? Any issues?

I have all the rest and I plan on getting this one. I'm just hoping to get it at a discount.

I'm curious about it as well. I had been picking up each of the D&D Adventure system games, but sort of fizzled with Temple of Elemental Evil. I never ordered Tomb of Annihilation or bothered pre-ordering Mad Mage. ToEE never even hit the table after I punched it.

What's new in this one? ToEE had the campaign system. So what does Mad Mage bring to the table?

What's new in this one? ToEE had the campaign system. So what does Mad Mage bring to the table?

Campaign system? Do tell! I didn't buy any of these since the first (Ravenloft) since it didn't have a campaign system. If they have one now I definitely have to re-evaluate them.

Campaign system? Do tell! I didn't buy any of these since the first (Ravenloft) since it didn't have a campaign system. If they have one now I definitely have to re-evaluate them.

Well, I wish I could. Sadly, after I punched the counters and got everything arranged in the tackle box (I buy tackle boxes to store components of games like this), it went on the shelf and I never got around to it. I got distracted by Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower and Shadows of Brimstone.

If memory serves, it had a lot of experience tokens and a level up system so you could level up the character more than just to level 2 like the other Adventure system games. I think there were also rules for town and buying equipment?

Since ToEE they've added the ability to level and go back to town including limited in town adventures. Items now have a GP value you can use to sell them and buy other items. It's all limited but more than say Castle Ravenlofts get N xp and roll a 20 to level up.

Since ToEE they've added the ability to level and go back to town including limited in town adventures. Items now have a GP value you can use to sell them and buy other items. It's all limited but more than say Castle Ravenlofts get N xp and roll a 20 to level up.

Still, that's a nice addition to the series. It's making me look twice at those games now.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back