Resource icon

Dwarf Miniature Painting Tutorial 2018-01-19

No permission to download
Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Thanks! It's very hard for someone like me to really understand the process of painting from reading and only seeing a few gross steps. The dwarves look great!

Jesus wept man, you paint that dwarf or just put together the pdf?

I just put together the pdf as a guide for myself as I'm about to embark on a new dwarf army. The pictures are from a french site, that I had to use google translate to translate into almost-English, and then translate THAT into English. And they used a weird # system for all the paints they used based on the 4-digit colour codes, so I had to figure out what miniature paints from which company those translated into.

I don't know the painter's real name, they posted under the screen name "Haekle." This post seems to be from around 16 years ago. But his style is exactly how I want my dwarves to look, love his skin blend especially. I'll post pics when mine are done.

Thanks! It's very hard for someone like me to really understand the process of painting from reading and only seeing a few gross steps. The dwarves look great!

I highly recommend checking out Sorastro on youtube if you haven't yet. He's got very clean tutorials that show just enough to see what he's doing and how he's using his brush, but not so much that it gets boring and the videos are hours long. He sort of jumps between beginners stuff and advanced techniques depending on what he's painting (mainly board game miniatures), but if you pick one series and follow it from start to finish he covers nearly everything. I iwsh he'd been around when I started painting, might have cut years off of my learning curve.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back