En Garde!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

A Fiery Flying Roll

Hating Dungeons and Dragons before it was cool
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is anyone else into En Garde!? The simulation of 17th Century swashbuckling Paris rather than the board game of the same name.

It's an odd little game, certainly. Published shortly after OD&D and definitely still showing its wargaming routes.

But it's one of my favourites and I've never found anything quite like it. Despite the rules for wars and duels, it has social climbing at its heart; getting to move up to membership of a more prestigious genteman's club is always a cause for celebration.

I ran it at a games club circa 2002.

I keep wanting to start it again as a PBEM. Only disencouraged by the fact that a) my house rules are a large badly formatted unedited mess and b) I suck at tech stuff and keep putting off setting up a website for it because of how much work it would be.

If Black Vulmea is still around, I think this one is right up his alley

I'm in a play by post game with BV and he's been having trouble posting lately.

In general, or with this site? What trouble has he been having?

Oh sorry that could have been misconstrued. He's accessing the internet by phone which I gather is not his preferred method.

Oh sorry that could have been misconstrued. He's accessing the internet by phone which I gather is not his preferred method.

He should just spend all his time here then! The Pub is easy to use on phones.

Ok, I've decided to try and get this off the ground. Does anybody know of any free to use website sites that would be easy for a technical incompetent to use?

Are you familiar at all with wikis? To do basic stuff it's not too hard to learn by just copying from an existing site.
RPG.net has a handy wiki for storing campaign material. Here's an example from my aborted Traveller campaign.

I've used wikis a bit, so I'll look into that. Thanks!

Weebly is pretty straightforward, I use it for my sites. Easy interface, lots of options

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back