Far West 12th Anniversary

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Look, I don't know how you do things, but I would never allow a 13 year old girl on Twitter.

That place is a cesspit.
Off topic: It's actually illegal for minors to be on Twitter, it's in the TOS. But no one listens AND it turns out that yes, teenyboppers are the main demographic that uses it.

/off topic

Off topic: It's actually illegal for minors to be on Twitter, it's in the TOS. But no one listens AND it turns out that yes, teenyboppers are the main demographic that uses it.

/off topic
Didn't they all move to tiktok?

We've conducted an internal investigation of the company and found no wrongdoing on our part, so no refunds will be issued

Unfortunatey, as no members of the company are 13 year old girls, we will not be getting on Twitter anytime soon
If an organization looks close at itself and finds nothing done wrong it's only because they haven't done anything.

Has anyone redone Deadwood without all the swearing? I'm fascinated to see what it would sound like.

American lexical semantician, Geoffrey Nunberg:

If you have your characters use historically accurate swear words, they're apt to sound no more offensive than your grandmother in a mild snit. The only way to convey the potency of their oaths is to have them use modern swear-words, even if they're anachronistic.
That's the approach taken by the HBO series "Deadwood," set in a South Dakota mining camp in the 1870's. As a lot of people have noted, the show is positively swilling in obscenity -- the characters use "fuck" and "fucking" with a frequency that would make Tony Soprano blush.
But "fuck" wasn't actually a swear-word back then. It was indecent, of course, but people only used it for the sexual act itself. Whereas swear-words are the ones that become detached from their literal meanings and float free as mere intensifiers. Swearing isn't using "fucking" when you're referring to sex, it's using it when you're talking about the weather.
In fact when you look up the word in Jonathan Lighter's magisterial Dictionary of American Slang, you discover that the all-purpose insult "fuck you" was a turn-of-the twentieth-century creation, and "go fuck yourself" isn't attested until 1920. "Fucked up" and "Don't fuck with me" didn't show up till around the time of the Second World War. And while people may have been emphasizing nouns with "fucking" from the 1890's, it wasn't until well into the century that you heard things things like "She fucking well better tell me" or "Get the fuck out of here” both "Deadwood" favorites.

I thought it went to pay for the Cease and Desist letters against 3d printer sculptors and Youtubers if you so much as mention or hint at the following: Space, Marines, Forty, Hammer and Games.

From his Blog (yes, he writes not only on Twitter)
Almost forgot to post this! Laura and I are prepping to spend the next two months working at the KC RenFest, so I got distracted.
So I thought nothing new for FW the next two months, but then
I’m not going to write much about this playlist, suffice it to say that it features selections from my personal FAR WEST playlist, and it was on my mind this week for… reasons.
Could it be...? And then he wrote
More on that soon.
'Soon', the word he's been abusing for the past decade.
I'll believe it when I read the first review and Actual Play...

Amusingly, that was my first idea as well:grin:!

He said "historical", not "in the late 1800s". The English language far predates that:thumbsup:.
I thought we were talking about the foul language of Deadwood.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back