Finally Finished the Fellowship...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Those are excellent.

I still have a bulk of Isengard in need of painting. I amused myself by painting all the different metal Saruman miniatures but grew bored around the 15th orc...

You know, orcs are the main thing that's kept me from getting into the LOTR game. I love the setting, but from a wargamming perspective, they don't have enough variety in "Evil Armies". An all-RingWraith army isn't feasible, and I just don't like Peter Jackson orcs very much (or Haradrim, etc).

View attachment 27289

Only took about 17 years from when the models were new, lol

Nice set and you did a good job with it well worth the time it took.

You know, orcs are the main thing that's kept me from getting into the LOTR game. I love the setting, but from a wargamming perspective, they don't have enough variety in "Evil Armies". An all-RingWraith army isn't feasible, and I just don't like Peter Jackson orcs very much (or Haradrim, etc).

Yeah, there have been a lot of styles of orcs, but I agree the PJ LOTR orks are definitely on the less interesting end of the scale. Of course I'm sure part of that was having to film eleventy billion of them, can't give them too much individual character.

Yeah, there have been a lot of styles of orcs, but I agree the PJ LOTR orks are definitely on the less interesting end of the scale. Of course I'm sure part of that was having to film eleventy billion of them, can't give them too much individual character.

Yeah, I saw some of the eary production designs, and they looked way more like fairytale creatures with distorted features, but it just wasn't feasible, financially, to do that many elaborate prosthetics.

I can't disagree.

But it does let me pretend to be Christopher Lee. So it isn't all bad.

Yeah, I saw some of the eary production designs, and they looked way more like fairytale creatures with distorted features, but it just wasn't feasible, financially, to do that many elaborate prosthetics.

They did a good job on some of the individuals giving them some character, like the scenes in Two towers where they are bringing the hobbits to Isengard. En mass they become pretty dull.

The later Warcraft games have one of my favorite takes on orcs. They are colorful and interesting like Warhammer, but toned down enough that they aren't walking cartoons. Perhaps not the greatest of neighbors but they are not just mindlessly evil and can even be reasoned with at times.

Personally, I don't like the humanization of orcs as primitive barbaric humanlike creatures. They sorta feel like Klingons at that point.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back