Flames of Freedom powered by Zweihänder

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Gringnr

D6 Nutz
Reaction score
So, this just dropped yesterday. I believe it's a reworking of the Colonial Gothic rpg onto the Zweihänder chassis.

I have the book. It's a massive beast, unsurprisingly. Richard Iorio, who wrote Colonial Gothic (and collaborated on Lords of Olympus), is credited as lead writer.

I've been busy af, and only had a chance to skim this. Anyone else seen/have it?

It bears a lot of similarities to Zweihänder, from the art, to the overall presentation. Art is by Dejan Mandic. It will be interesting to see if it has avoided the editorial pitfalls of its mother game.

So it's firmly let in the mid to late 18th Century? Or a bit later (Napoleonic)?

Sharpe's Rifles meets Sleepy Hollow sounds nice.

I could have sworn this has been out for ages. Am I missing something?

I could have sworn this has been out for ages. Am I missing something?
Just dropped in physical form to retailers. Backers may have already had the PDF, I'm not sure. But they just started arriving at Backers' doorsteps in the last week or so, if I'm not mistaken.

late 1700s then. Nice. Flintlocks and fops with white wigs.

Is it a good game setting? As in, is it a game, first and foremost, not just an outlet for... being preachy about certain politics?
I'll let you know. I'm actually lucky enough to have a lot of gaming activities on my plate right now, so I haven't been able to do more than skim it, so far.

Just dropped in physical form to retailers. Backers may have already had the PDF, I'm not sure. But they just started arriving at Backers' doorsteps in the last week or so, if I'm not mistaken.

I've had my print backer copy for over a month and my PDF since June. I am a fan of Colonial Gothic and I had a good time with Zweihander's system the couple times I played (short games so very small sample size), so this was an easy sell for me, but I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet and see how well CG has been treated with the new book. It's on the list, though.

I'll let you know. I'm actually lucky enough to have a lot of gaming activities on my plate right now, so I haven't been able to do more than skim it, so far.
Thanks, but please disregard my question about politics. Not something to bring up here on the Pub. Sorry ‘bout that.

So, this just dropped yesterday. I believe it's a reworking of the Colonial Gothic rpg onto the Zweihänder chassis.

I have the book. It's a massive beast, unsurprisingly. Richard Iorio, who wrote Colonial Gothic (and collaborated on Lords of Olympus), is credited as lead writer.

I've been busy af, and only had a chance to skim this. Anyone else seen/have it?

It bears a lot of similarities to Zweihänder, from the art, to the overall presentation. Art is by Dejan Mandic. It will be interesting to see if it has avoided the editorial pitfalls of its mother game.
The original is full of supernatural material, does this version have all that as well?

Flames of Freedom is part of the Halloween sale at DTRPG right now for $16, down from $20. Not that it's a massive chunk of change, but it's interesting and I'm sure a little frustrating that it has been out in the wild for four days and is already on sale.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back