"Friendship!? These robots run on doggy style!"

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Shipyard Locked

How long do I have?
Reaction score
What the hell even happened to anime?
What are these forbidden fruits of mind-bending knowledge I encounter now whenever I plunge my head into the jap-vat for a few minutes?
Sure it was already weird back in the day, but it was a weirdness I could handle. Did I grow old, or did the writers grow more neurotic?

Anyway, this popped up in my feed and gave me a good laugh after initially leaving me speechless. Maybe you'll laugh too.

I think that at this point nothing that comes from Japan can shock me. Like they've already created such bizarre and shocking material that I've become desensitized by it.

I think that at this point nothing that comes from Japan can shock me. Like they've already created such bizarre and shocking material that I've become desensitized by it.
Good, isn't it?

What the hell even happened to anime?
What are these forbidden fruits of mind-bending knowledge I encounter now whenever I plunge my head into the jap-vat for a few minutes?
Sure it was already weird back in the day, but it was a weirdness I could handle. Did I grow old, or did the writers grow more neurotic?

Anyway, this popped up in my feed and gave me a good laugh after initially leaving me speechless. Maybe you'll laugh too.

It's a parody video and the guy who made it is a Pom (although his family comes from Thailand) who runs a Youtube channel called Gigguk. I've not seen any of these but apparently he used to do them on a semi-regular basis. Now he's one of the principals on a podcast called Trash Taste, which I binged recently. If you liked this you might enjoy the podcast, which is rather better than one might think. I thought it was pretty good - it's about my level of puerile. One caveat, though: the episodes are about two hours each and they've done about 50 so far, so there's quite a lot of it.

Last edited:
I don't know, I'm kinda wary that if/when they do produce something that will shock me it will be a truly terrible thing to behold.
I suspect they're mainly just trying to get a reaction out of their own citizens. Shocking and/or horrifying the sensibilities of English-speaking people is just incidental, bonus damage.

3.png

(image not really related in any ways, but it's how I visualize someone from Japan shocking and successfully psychically assaulting one of their own)

I don't know, I'm kinda wary that if/when they do produce something that will shock me it will be a truly terrible thing to behold.

I find anime pretty tame compared to the Japanese genre and exploitation films of the 70s, that was the true Wild West for Japan and the films are also far more artful as they are produced by major Japanese studios and directed by talented directors who apprenticed under the likes of Naruse and Mizoguchi.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back