Fuligin has been invented.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I had to look up the word to see what you were referencing. I never read that novel.

Vantablack pops up every so often in the news. But it's been around for nearly a decade.

That's nuts! I think seeing something like that in real life would be deeply unsettling, like your mind can't quite get a grip on it.

Apparently quite fragile. If they make it durable, you can bet it’ll be used a lot

i would love to do that. seriously. I would love it.

I hear everything anyway. My tinnitus, my pulse, swallowing, blinking, breathing, stomach noises, you name it.

Dunno if hearing them all louder is going to make much difference.

I always thought it was one of the more supernatural elements of Book of the New Sun.

But no, apparently not.
Now we know what Batman really coats his costume with:shade:.
The fact that we see it in comics is just because advanced AI showed that they'd sell better this way.

I hear everything anyway. My tinnitus, my pulse, swallowing, blinking, breathing, stomach noises, you name it.

Dunno if hearing them all louder is going to make much difference.
Do you have, like, a third ear? Inside your body?

It's not like I hear everything all the time. I can only focus on a couple things at once. The closer something is, or the louder, or the more aberrant, the more attention it gets or the more distracting it becomes.
Also, I've realized I can see my eyebrows and nose. Now I can't unsee them, so they become an occasional distraction as well.

This is what Traveller Reflect Armor should be

Ordinarily, light reflected from the laser produces a circle of light at the point of contact between the beam and the object. But when engineers from Surrey NanoSystems traced a laser on Vantablack, the light simply disappeared, as if swallowed by a black hole. Almost nothing detectable was reflected back to our eyes

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back