G.I.Joe: The New Recruits (M&M2)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Now you're messing with my points build. :tongue: I'll stick with E-5 based on bull-puckey political fallout from the El Salvador thing.

The pay grade seems very peripheral to actual play. I spent 3 points on Rank and Clearance, and I feel like that's lots. IDK...
There’s no increase in cost going from E-5 to E-6 but if you want to stay there, that’s no problem!

There’s no increase in cost going from E-5 to E-6 but if you want to stay there, that’s no problem!
Ahh, well then if E-6 makes sense, sure. I just didn't want to have to walk back a build point. :thumbsup:

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but Bruce Campbell's character from Burn Notice, Sam Axe, might as well be Chuckles in retirement, almost to the point that I suspect it was written like that, right down to the Hawaiian shirts.

Now you're messing with my points build. :tongue: I'll stick with E-5 based on bull-puckey political fallout from the El Salvador thing.
I was just going to suggest that as an explanation for such a low rank for a long term of service!

There was an older Marine in my unit who was a permanent Lance Corporal (E-3) LOL he kept getting busted but his experience in the field was invaluable.

You are correct though in that rank didn’t mean much on the team structure. Hawk was the commander at O-7 and Duke was NCO at E-8.
Given lets call it the fictional thrust of GI Joe, I never really thought that pay-grade was a super important idea.

Given lets call it the fictional thrust of GI Joe, I never really thought that pay-grade was a super important idea.
No, I actually think tenure made a bigger difference. Hawk and Stalker put the team together and they had both been in for a long time.

So You can tell I pirated Chuckles for my pic, and, honestly, for a bunch of the character. I hope that doesn't mess with your staffing...

Yeah, OK, fuck that shit. Nothing but bounce back after bounce back because my image wasn't exactly the right size. :thumbsdown:

Imma truck right along with the one that works for me. :grin: So, Watchdog...

1653332465488.png

Last edited:
I have a question. How is his defense 16 when he has a +5 for defense bonus?

I have a question. How is his defense 16 when he has a +5 for defense bonus?
I don't do the math brother, I just copy the sheets. That said, that particular bit might be my fault as it's not on the original. I'll fix it.

I don't do the math brother, I just copy the sheets. That said, that particular bit might be my fault as it's not on the original. I'll fix it.
Oh I didn’t blame you, my friend. I was just asking. I can screw up on the rules too.

Hmm, I have a couple of questions about Heartbeat. He has Medicine, and Knowledge (Life Sciences), and Profession (Doctor) listed under Feats. Is that correct? I thought those were skills.

Mm, shit, reading comprehension fail. All good.

As I'm reading through Agents of Freedom I'm starting to think that I may have overlooked the need for some level Knowledge Skills. Current Events, Streetwise, that sort of thing. I didn't add any of that. Hmm, I may to revisit the allocation of my points there.

As I'm reading through Agents of Freedom I'm starting to think that I may have overlooked the need for some level Knowledge Skills. Current Events, Streetwise, that sort of thing. I didn't add any of that. Hmm, I may to revisit the allocation of my points there.
I dunno the rules man. I'm just playing around.
But thanks for the card file!

I dunno the rules man. I'm just playing around.
But thanks for the card file!
No problem, I was feeling inspired. If you want a different pic on it just send me something and I'll edit it in.

As for the rules, I don't either. I mean I've read them and shit, but I don't know them. I think I'm not too worried about the Knowledge skills. I may try to find a way to get Intimidate in there, and the Contacts Feat feels like something my character should have, but IDK.

No problem, I was feeling inspired. If you want a different pic on it just send me something and I'll edit it in.

As for the rules, I don't either. I mean I've read them and shit, but I don't know them. I think I'm not too worried about the Knowledge skills. I may try to find a way to get Intimidate in there, and the Contacts Feat feels like something my character should have, but IDK.
I view my intimidate not as physical intimidation but educational. Do you really think you know more about X than a surgeon? 8 mean I only did a bachelor's degree, med school, residency, additional specialization. I clearly don't have a fixking clue what I'm doing compared to you buddy.

I view my intimidate not as physical intimidation but educational. Do you really think you know more about X than a surgeon? 8 mean I only did a bachelor's degree, med school, residency, additional specialization. I clearly don't have a fixking clue what I'm doing compared to you buddy.
He's one of those brain bullies.

The rules are just a means to an end. I just thought they would work for this particular game. I just came back to M&M recently myself so I’m still relearning everything.

If anyone wants to brush up on some lingo there a terrific Vietnam-era list of military jargon and slang here.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back