Galaxies in Peril deja vu

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Picaroon Jack

And the Brothers Slack
Reaction score
Galaxies in Peril (the Worlds in Peril reboot/upgrade) was up on Drivethru today and I snagged it. But now it is gone. This same thing happened with Exterminator (the Terminator homage) a couple of weeks ago. My PDF is actually called: "Galaxies_in_Peril_-_artfree_pre-editing" which definitely implies someone hit the go button before it was ready.

As mentioned in another thread, they model this version on Blades in the Dark, but they still keep the really broad powers structure.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 6.31.53 PM.png

Exterminator is still up (if you mean the one based on Cepheus Engine). Too bad about Galaxies; I've been on the fence about it, as I was disappointed with Worlds in Peril.

Exterminator is still up (if you mean the one based on Cepheus Engine). Too bad about Galaxies; I've been on the fence about it, as I was disappointed with Worlds in Peril.
Yes, they put Exterminator back up in a few days.

I really liked the structure of superpowers Worlds in Peril, but the Origins/Drive material my players did not use in 2 different campaigns. GiP now incorporates types of teams as well as archetypes and flashbacks that WiP did not.

I really liked the structure of superpowers Worlds in Peril, but the Origins/Drive material my players did not use in 2 different campaigns and they barely used the Bonds system. GiP now incorporates types of teams as well as archetypes and flashbacks that WiP did not.

I believe the cover titan is a World Eater (I think a Galacticus clone), unlike Worlds in Peril, Galaxies in Peril comes with a game setting (the appearance of a mysterious inverted black pyramid) and about 30 factions in the city.

I really liked the structure of superpowers Worlds in Peril, but the Origins/Drive material my players did not use in 2 different campaigns. GiP now incorporates types of teams as well as archetypes and flashbacks that WiP did not.

I wasn't that impressed with how they handled powers in WiP myself. I got to play in an online game, and converting over a character I've played in a few systems, he didn't come across as well as in those other games. I own the game and it's a beautiful looking book, but that was why I was on the fence about GiP. I'd still give it a shot though.

Now with powers you can still start out with basically what ever, but you have to spend reserve points (you have 10) to use them. However, each level of difficulty easy, simple, difficult, borderline you can have a specific example each that you do not have to spend points on. For example, your power is super strength, at simple you could have "Bust through a concrete wall," difficult "throw a person 50 feet" and borderline "lift a car over your head." But if you were wrapped in chains you would have to spend a point to bust out since you haven't learned that one. When ever you get a critical success you get to add it to the list though.

Over 3 months later and it is now officially available on DriveThru. They've added a bunch of art since I some how got a copy by accident in May.
View attachment 34813

I somehow missed this thread back in May. I think that’s when he sent the first “final” pdf to backers. So maybe it was accidentally made available to anyone? Not sure.

The link to the pdf with art was sent to backers on August 4.

I think it’s a solid game. I ran a campaign based on the initial playtest material. First supers game I ran in years. Had to fudge a few things, but it went very well overall. I used my own setting, and it seems like the bulk of the book is about the setting and the factions and how it all fits together. It seems like it’ll be a pretty impressive book. The art is excellent throughout.

I ran the same campaign for two different groups and it worked fine. We didn't use the faction piece since they were playing unregistered heroes in a world where only government sanctioned supers were allowed to exist. I like their power structure and both groups had a great time.

I ran the same campaign for two different groups and it worked fine. We didn't use the faction piece since they were playing unregistered heroes in a world where only government sanctioned supers were allowed to exist. I like their power structure and both groups had a great time.

Yeah, I enjoy the faction stuff so we included that in our game, I just had to make up the bulk of the factions.

But yeah I agree how the system handles powers works well.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back