Get To Know Me: TTRPG Edition

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Day 12 - Have I Designed a Dungeon?

Yes, though honestly not so many. Designing dungeons has always been far less interesting to me than creating overworld maps. I do those all the time, just for the relaxng fun of it.

Dungeons are... Weird. I find myself disliking the process of designing them. I look for a realism that's hard to apply. Why is there anything exept goblins, wolves and maybe a few vermin in a goblin-controlled cave system? Why don't they have good defences that are actually hard to get past? It would be astonishingly easy to fortify any complex made of tunnels and securely-doored rooms. So my own dungeons always end up unbreachable hell-traps, because I refuse to let the inhabitants be stupid. Because you'd have to monumentally stupid, lazy and unco-operative to leave your underground castle easy to breach.

That said, I quite enjoy refereeing the odd dungeon adventure as a break. As a challenge of player wits and resources, I find the experience fun. But they still never make an ounce of sense to me.

Day 12: Have you designed a dungeon?

Yep! I've designed simplistic dungeons where every room is a monster closet with loot in it, sunken underground tombs with death traps, sci-fi precursor ruins inhabited by malfunctioning maintenance/defence bots, and occasionally actual dungeons with guards and prisoners.

12: I'm actually in the process of designing my first dungeon right now! You can have a look at it in this thread here: https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/giganotosaurus-map-thread.7609/#post-390085
It's multi-tierd with a city followed by 2 sections of a ruined city, a tomb and a palace on the Negative Energy Plane.
Today I had a session 0 for a group that I'm going to run through the dungeon, so we'll see if it's any good.

Day 11: have you ever played a hex crawl?
Yes, in fact I’ve run (with help) a giant hex crawl for the local university club. It was a West Marches style game where we had a shared map and where teams of adventurers went out exploring in different directions.

Day 12: have you ever designed a dungeon?
More then I can remembe.

Day 13: have you ever played Larp?
Yes, and in my first I ended up the groom in a super-hero wedding (my wife was the bride - it was her first larp as well)

Day 13 - Have I Played a LARP?

Yes. Mostly it was The Masquerade, which had a strong local presence in the mid-nineties, but used an unbearably poor homebrew of the rules.

I gave up after getting into an argument over my 'costume'. Many players roamed around in cobbled together Victorian gothic clothes and were rewarded with extra experience points for 'dressing appropriately'. I wore slightly outdated normal clothes (my lick was from the 80's) and argued that I was doing a far better job of maintaining the masquerade, not drawing attention to myself, unlike all the Lord-Baron von Steampunks and Lady Bloody-Wedding-Dresses that loitered around the place.

The STs disagreed, I very maturely told them to go fuck themselves and never went back.

Day 13 - Have I played in a LARP?

I too played in a Vampire: the Masquerade larp as traveling Brujah back in the 90s. The group had been around for a while and were doing their own thing so I was mainly in the periphery for a few session and then just ditched it.

Most recently I have been involved with the Weekend Warrior Experience and I attended their big annual event in October:

c_DSC8468 copy.jpg
c_DSC8338 copy.jpg
c_DSC8182 copy.jpg

Day 12: Have you designed a dungeon?

Indeed I have. In fact, I've designed four, though in my defence it seemed like the thing to do at the time. Which was around 1980–83.

First there was a thing full of monsters and puzzles and traps, with no effort at making sense, and I don't think I ever ran any PCs through that one, though I did show it to and discuss it with friends who were already DMing.

Then there was one consisting of an abandoned dwarvish mine and underground stronghold, first conquered by monsters and then exploited by high-level retired adventurers as a tourist trap (fee to enter, agreement to give the proprietors half of any treasure recovered etc.), which was all worked out to make sense in terms of its history and prior use — which meant that my D&D players protested that it was all wrong.

Then there was a complex of cellars and understoreys and tunnels and catacombs and buildings buried in sediment under a raffish frontier city, which I designed for AD&D but converted to The Fantasy Trip before I ran it at Uni in 1982.

And finally there was Fortress Fohgidon, which I designed for the tournament module at the first UNSW Role-Players' Association convention in 1983. But by then I had given up on location-based adventures for my own games and have never gone back.

Day 13: LARP

Nope. The closest I came was watching that comedy (the name of which escapes me) about LARPers with Peter Dinklage, Summer Glau, and some other people I can't remember. For some reason I always found the idea kind of off-putting. I think I'd be more inclined to get into HEMA if I was going to drop even more dough on a hobby.

Day 13: I played killer and other combat oriented games, but I don't think those count as LARPs. It has been one aspect of RPGs that I haven't gotten into.

(On a note- was the LARP in Hawkeye really a LARP? Or just SCA type combat?)

13) Yes. Larping was big around here a many years ago. Vampire and other WoD things - during its heydays. You see, for some reason, the peninsula was the "Home of the Gothic". More goths per square mile than anywhere else. They adored the VtM (and other WoD). So there was a LARP in Mountain View. It was huge. Anywhere with 35-50 people. Sure eventually I moved into a moderator roll, but we were still characters. This went on for like three years before I left.

There was a LARP that had a play area that overlapped ours at the same time. They treated us as a LARP inside their real monsters game. There were some great moments in that game

Did some little larps at cons too.

12) Have I designed a dungeon? I want to go on record saying I hate dungeons. They way they are set up, it makes no sense socially, ecologically, temporally? I am also not a fan of generic adventure fantasy in faux European para medieval societies. (Yes, I am not fond of the worlds most famous RPG. I have not been since 1977.) The "dungeons" in EPT made some sense being buried cities. Certain places, like a forgotten temple or wizards' keep, which seemed like those places only broken, were at least tolerable. And all my friends who were Famous RPG fans spent hours upon hours drawing up graph paper mazes.

But the answer is yes, I have. Death Test for TFT was my inspiration. (The Fantasy Trip was my fantasy game of choice for running and playing.) My dungeon was a flow chart. It had 16 rooms per level and five levels. It was maintained and stocked by a wizard who was guarding a sword of Air and wanted to test those coming for it - to find a worthy. (Thus lots of summoned and undead monsters and a couple of traps.). My dungeon friends were very impressed by it. They were also annoyed that I hadn't mapped it (and when they did they were amazed).

Day 11 - Hex Crawl NO. Hexcrawling dates back to oD&D from one of the magazines. Moving and exploring spaces, running into encounters and sometimes you might actually encounter something the GM prepped. While I have seen it in play, I have never done it.

Day 10 - Journal Game - No. However, I have done Bluebooking a great deal in a number of games. Blue Booking comes from Arron Allston's Strike Force, where you would write/ play out "off screen events" - personal events, single investigations, "red light scenes", and so on so they could "happen" yet not take up any precious table time in the group setting (and avoid embarrassing scenes).

Day 9 - Story - Castle Falkenstein -

Many games have stories in them. Some are awfully bad. Some are so convoluted that there is no way a beginning or character made with the rules as written could do some of the acts. These have all given in-game fiction a bad name.

The first half of the book of Castle Falkenstein is a novella (or serious excerpts of one). Yes, there are pages of game material interspersed in the novella (which makes looking some of the info up... difficult.. a complaint about the game). However, the story flows. It sets up the setting. It gives you feel for the game. It provides you info you need.

And you don't even need fries to get all the info.

Second place would go to Buffy, the game written in the style of the series. Third place would go to Serenity (and limited to its second - Firefly).

Day 8 - Art - Castle Falkenstein - The game is a treat for the eyes.

From the earliest day of inexpensive color printing, Castle Falkenstein had the most color plates possible and still be a reasonable price. All the art was "artistic", well rendered, and in a pleasing style. Most were obviously painted. Even the illustrations are composed well. The images all make sense in the context of the rules/novella. The game is a treat for the eyes.

Day 7 DC Adventures by Green Ronin. I have the entire line. I bought all of them. I have never gotten to play M&M and that goes double for DCA, where my gamers went "oh hell no" (between the system and being Marvel (movie) fans).

Though I make it a point to read and learn everything I buy (and acquire)... sometimes many times.

Day 6 Fields Solo in CP2013 and CP2020 character.

Think - If John Grimjack Gaunt had been in CP2013 and fought drug lords instead of demons. So he is an military attitude character. He mostly did the right thing, well as right as any really cyberpunk could get.

Fields has become something of a legend. He is a survivor. There is an unofficial list ranking the city's solos that circulates among the right people. He has almost always been in the top 20, usually in the number 14 spot.

All of that is window dressing really. His life did not begin until he met Shiela.
Note: Shiela was a PC. The player really enjoyed the "strong silent type" and liked to play Fields like a fiddle.

Day 5 - If I shouldn't count Continuum or Convergence Point playtests and runs.... If I say Hero system, it would be a slam dunk. If I say, just Champions, it is the winner. 10 years, 1.5 times a week. Stalking the Night Fantastic, is in second which is 16 years with 2-4 sessions a convention weekend (fewer hours).

Day 4 - I missed Champions by a few feet, as George and Steve were standing right there, but I was checked out by someone's girlfriend (Mark Williams (ed 1 artist) was right there and they were both a little punk so probably his). I got to know them all better over the years and gamed with them briefly. So that means Fringeworthy. I had been talking to Richard Tucholka for a while about Alt Histories and the Paratime series after hearing the spiel about Fringeworthy. I hung out with their group for a while at that con and actually ran Fringeworthy for them soon after. (Thus starting my lopsided relationship with Tri-Tac.)

Day 3 - Normally I despise book NPCs. They are generally useless except as examples of how to build things. So, the only NCP that made an impression is Champion's Doctor Destroyer. Just Dang. Powerful. Well Built. Actually had a good excuse for everything. I mean sure, he is a Doctor Doom pastiche, but he is solid campaign defining antagonist.

Day 2 - If I shouldn't count Continuum or Convergence Point, then I would say Champions. Not just Hero system, which I adore every edition below 6, but Champions. I am a superhero fan and I have a hard copy of almost every superhero game in existence (and a PDF for many I do not have). I was constantly on the look out for a good super hero game in the early years. Of every TTRPG, I have played and run this game the most. While I love Fringeworthy and Stalking the Night, Champions Hands Down.

I need to amend day 2. I do not use the book Champions-verse. I play supers worlds I made up. So if it had to be a published world, it would be Fringeworthy.

Day 1 - Game Table in Campbell, CA. Alas, all the Game Tables are closed (as there used to be three). Melee, Wizard, Ogre, Bushido. (I bought some dice at a local model store... which I do not count). I had been playing for a while, just never gone to a "real store" (nor one this far away from home on my own (okay with friends)).

Thirteenth was the day onto which the answer was given regarding the inquiries of live action roleplaying pastime experiences.

Short answer: no. But I was once part of a group that tried to make a WoD larp happen. It didn't. Also I once fantasized about making a cyberpunk larp.

On The Thirteenth Day Of LARPmas I Did Not Do A LARP: Back in the 90s there was a group in our extended circles that LARPed White Wolf type stuff but our crew rolled strictly tabletop. Which I was glad of, cos some of the horror stories that filtered through were bad.

Yes. While in college we transitioned from playing one of those prepackaged "How to host a Murder" dinner games to writing our own murder mystery events in historical settings which were played over a weekend in a house, sometimes rented.

Once I brought my non-gamer girlfriend (now wife) that I had met in another city to one of these events and my friends tricked me by giving her an apparently minor role (she had never done anything like this before, they had never met her before) which was also a double-agent and she dramatically outed me as the murderer (instead of being my accomplice) in the final show-down. I still call her the double agent! She is still a non-gamer.

Day 12 - Have you ever designed a dungeon: Yes. Amusingly, I kinda did that before I got into RPGs, though I don't think that counts...
See, at the time I was heavily into gamebooks. What was a problem, because I liked various books...which didn't all use the same system...and the replayability of most gamebooks* is quite low.
So I tried to calculate what the stats meant, came up with options for various rulesets (Way of the Tiger was the basis, with BloodSword, Fighting Fantasy and a few others being translated to it, IIRC...) and used enemies from them to stock a "defended tower".
The only thing in the center wasn't a treasure, though, because I found fetch quests kinda lame. Instead, it was another enemy, with whom the characters would presumably have scores to settle... so I guess I made a trap dungeon, or negadungeon:grin:?

Day 13 Have I played LARP?
Yes. Though I wasn't too impressed.
I've also done HEMA and Reenactment (mostly Roman-era), both of which I like better. I'd still play a LARP, as long as it doesn't use "boffer mechanics", though:tongue:!

*Those using a "free-movement map" or cyclical schemes that interact with the stats might well differ.
12) Have I designed a dungeon? I want to go on record saying I hate dungeons. They way they are set up, it makes no sense socially, ecologically, temporally? I am also not a fan of generic adventure fantasy in faux European para medieval societies. (Yes, I am not fond of the worlds most famous RPG. I have not been since 1977.) The "dungeons" in EPT made some sense being buried cities. Certain places, like a forgotten temple or wizards' keep, which seemed like those places only broken, were at least tolerable. And all my friends who were Famous RPG fans spent hours upon hours drawing up graph paper mazes.

But the answer is yes, I have. Death Test for TFT was my inspiration. (The Fantasy Trip was my fantasy game of choice for running and playing.) My dungeon was a flow chart. It had 16 rooms per level and five levels. It was maintained and stocked by a wizard who was guarding a sword of Air and wanted to test those coming for it - to find a worthy. (Thus lots of summoned and undead monsters and a couple of traps.). My dungeon friends were very impressed by it. They were also annoyed that I hadn't mapped it (and when they did they were amazed).
Why were they amazed? What was their map like?

Day 12 - Have I Designed a Dungeon?

Yes, though honestly not so many. Designing dungeons has always been far less interesting to me than creating overworld maps. I do those all the time, just for the relaxng fun of it.

Dungeons are... Weird. I find myself disliking the process of designing them. I look for a realism that's hard to apply.
...yeah, realism and dungeons rarely fit, Earhdawn-style dungeons excepted:thumbsup:.

Yes, and in my first I ended up the groom in a super-hero wedding (my wife was the bride - it was her first larp as well)
Before or after you married? So was it like practice for the wedding:tongue:?

13) Yes. Larping was big around here a many years ago. Vampire and other WoD things - during its heydays. You see, for some reason, the peninsula was the "Home of the Gothic". More goths per square mile than anywhere else. They adored the VtM (and other WoD).
Did you meet Doc Sammy Doc Sammy back then:devil:?

8) Favorite RPG for its Art

Traveller 4th Edition
. They got my right where they wanted me by using color plates by Chris Foss, who did much of the cool starship art in a wave of art books marketed to young Sci-Fi fans in the post-Star Wars world. Too bad I found the system (much like TNE before it) not up to the level of MegaTraveller.

9) Favorite RPG for its Writing

It's easier for me to think of bad examples when it comes to writing utility than shining examples, but of one reads this was the joy of the actual setting flavor text in the book, I always had a soft spot for Cyberpunk 2020. At the time, publishers like White Wolf were packing their products with fiction to the point if you wondered if the designers were really frustrated novelists. But CP 2020 had the right amount of brief little vignettes of what the world looked like without the tall ask of asking you to care about characters whose exploit filled the over-stuffed chapter intros of WW books.

Day 15 - larp
Yes, though not for long. I played a wererat briefly in a larp. I had an amazing red silk shirt, found myself some fake gold chains. It was great, except the people were just not my style. I’m not method actor enough for the crowd.

Day 13: Have I played LARP?

No.

Soft-air wargaming and gamers beating the crap out of each other with bamboo spears and swords doesn't count, I believe. Is Killer LARP? I did play that for a long time with my flatmates of bachelor days. As we all worked in the same place, nowhere was safe. My most memorable experience was standing on a 3rd floor ledge outside the window of the communal staircase to our flat for an hour, waiting for one of my flatmates to come home so I could empty my gas-powered Mini Uzi into the back of his head as he unlocked the door. Turns out he went shopping first, hence the wait, but it was worth it.

We then went on to ambush the other flatmate by hiding in the shower. Kind of regretted that one, some things are best unseen.

We stopped after a few months because we'd all gotten so careful that nobody ever died anymore, and the simplest everyday tasks were taking forever because of all the precautions.

Probably not LARP, though, because we didn't do voices. Disguises?

day 11 - One of the first games I DMed was a hex crawl. My older brother drew a hex grid and we each mapped out a quarter of it and took turns DMing each other.

day 12 - I've been designing dungeons since I got the Holmes Basic set from my cousins and it outright told me to design dungeons.

day 13 - I've never really LARPed but I played "make believe" lots as a kid. It's a weird thing, my kids call it "playing in real life" I'm not sure where that came from, "let's play Sonic in real life" but its probably from the same plane of hell as "versing" as in "I was versing him in Street Fighter."

13. I’ve never LARPed. There was never any kind of LARP scene in my area that I knew about, other than a few goth kids that were into Vampire. I don’t think they were actually LARPing though.

Day 13: have you ever played LARP?

A couple of times at Gen Con. Enough to conclude that it was not really my cup of tea.

I am LARP-adjacent though, since a bunch of people that I've gamed with used to be big into the WoD LARP scene in the 1990s and early 2000s, both OWbN and the Camarilla.

Why were they amazed? What was their map like?

The map was simply a square of four squares, with a room on each line, and a hallway connecting them. There were 12 possible rooms/ encounters per level. (One of which was "the way down" or "Up") Each level had an item needed to unlock something at a lower level. So each "room"/ space challenged them in some way. So we had 40 real challenges in the dungeon (the empty spaces made them so nervous because they thought it would be a death trap ready to be set off). ... rather than just a mow down the hit points/ monsters between them and a few gold pieces.

Hmm I seem to have had a lost weekend...

Day 9 Favorite TTRPG for its writing

Toss up between Phoenix Command and Stalking the Night Fantastic.

PC is sprinkled with the funny little quotes, like
"Once you have pulled the pin, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend"

StNF has amusing little examples of game play throughout the game
"At first a dedicated convert to the evil Brotherhood of Darkness Inc., Brother Johnson has fallen from grace by being an abysmal slob and Belching at High Black Mass. His modest Standing of 12 has been reduced to -5 over a period of time and there is talk of sending him to Vancouver, Canada."

Day 10 Have I ever played a journaling game

No, I only even heard about them about a month ago

also

:hehe:

Day 11 Have I ever played a Hexcrawl

Not familiar with the term, but sounds like it is basically a game focused on exploring the map then yes, many times.

Day 12 Have I ever designed a dungeon

Yes, many. I had pads and pads of graph paper and hex sheets in the 80s.

Day 13 Have I played a LARP

Not unless Killer counts. Not totally opposed to the idea, but the little exposure I've had to LARP groups has not inspired me to join in.

Past answers

Day 8, Favorite TTRPG for its art

Another tough one but I'm going to have to go with pre-3E D&D simply for the volume and variety of art, plus there is a not an insignificant amount of nostalgia involved. It is the only game I've actually bought a book of art for.

Day 7 TTRPG I've spent the most money on by never played.

Maybe 2d20? I bought Conan, and John Carter of Mars to use as source material with other systems. Those were all in bundles, so not really that much money.

Millennium's end is a contender. When I discovered Ebay in the early 2000s I hunted down a lot of games I had wanted but never got or filled out collections of games I liked. Many like Twilight 2000 I've actually played, but I tracked down everything for Millennium's End because it is the kind of pessimistic near future setting that I like. I'll probably never actually play it though, nothing wrong with the system it was kind of interesting for the time, but if I played it I'd probably just run it with something else like HERO, GURPS etc.

Day 6 a favorite PC
Hard to pick just one, but I had a good time with Western HERO, oddly I can't remember his name but I made an aging gunfighter, sort of a cross between Lee Van Cleef's bounty hunter, Col Mortimer from For a few dollars more and Brian Keith's Buckshot Roberts in Young Guns. He wasn't as quick as he once was but he made up for it with cunning and not playing fair. He had every toy available to give him the advantage, derringer up the sleeve, quick draw revolver, long barreled revolver with a stock etc.
Pissed off the GM who accused me of meta gaming, he couldn't wrap his head around the concept of an older gunfighter using every advantage to his benefit, literally gaming the system. Not my fault HERO rules give breaks along real world lines. I guess we were all supposed to make Man with no name clones. Anyway still had fun with the game until the GM got bored and TPK'd the party in a railroaded ambush. At least it was at a train station. :tongue:

Day 5 TTRPG I've played the most
Most played TTRPG was probably HERO system as 3E (FH, JI and DI) were the go to when I was in high school ('83-86). We played a lot of games (pretty much anything but D&D), but with the range available a lot of other games ended up getting converted to HERO.
That tapered off after high school as I got in with an RPG club at college where AD&D was dominant. When 4E came out there was a resurgence of HERO in my life but AD&D maintained a strong presence because of some friends who were D&D or nothing.

AD&D is a close runner up if 1E / 2E are counted (as seems fair since I'm counting HERO 3E and 4E as one).

AD&D was my main game the first two or so years, then the 80s I had little loyalty to any single game. We would get into some new game for a month or two until the latest hotness came along, then move to that. RQ / CoC, Traveller and MERP / RM would get back into rotation from time to time but HERO became the staple. AD&D was probably the dominant game I played in the 90s as by then the people I was playing with had jobs, girlfriends, a few were starting families etc and most no longer had interest in learning a new game. AD&D was comfortable and acceptable to the majority.
Regular gaming took a nose dive by the late 90s when I started moving often for work.

Day 4, First TTRPG I bought from its creator

I bought this brand new game Champions at Dundracon in 1981/82 from the Hero guys. I don't know for sure it was one of the authors but the company was so small then (total of 4 employees in 1982) odds are good it was George McDonald or Steve Peterson.

Day 3 Published NPC that had an impact.

This took some thinking.

Lasting impact, no but after much thought I'm going with Brother Johnson, the inept cultist / antagonist of Agent Harrison and eventual Bureau 13 member, and partner of Agent Harrison used to help illustrate the rules in Stalking the Night Fantastic.

Day 2, Favorite TTRPG game world

is a tough one, Twilight 2000 (IE timeline), Carwars universe, Crimson Skies, Early Warhammer, MERPs kind Middle Earth...

I'm going to have to pass. Any answer I gave would only be good for10 minutes until I thought of another.

Ok if Earth is an acceptable answer I'm going with that too, whether an actual realistic historic (or present) version or a fantasy mismash like RQ3s Fantasy Europe. The majority of games I like are more or less Earth based.

Day 1, Store where I ought my first TTRPG
The Lakeshore Toyhouse, in Oakland, CA. 1979 and I bought either the AD&D Players Handbook or the Monster Manual.

I still have that Monster Manual, a 4th printing August 1979. Sadly the Players Handbook, DMG, Deities & Demigods (original with Cthulhu mythos) and Fiend Folio have gone missing over time. Well not really missing, I know where most of them went, but murder is illegal so I've let it go.

Day 13:

I have not Larped and not that interested in doing so but I'm very interested in the overlap between ttrpgs and larp and like to read larpscripts, the ideas/theory and other writing around it which tends to be more interesting and less about scoring points than what passes for discourse in ttrpgs.

Day 13: Yes, I have LARPed. I dropped in as a "guest" in a Vampire: The Masquerade LARP alongside a friend a couple of times, but I didn't inhale, honest!

Those experiences were enough for me to know it's not my cup-of-coffee. And, I'm glad those who are into it like what they're doing!

I also played SJG's Killer in college - we had a large tournament a couple years running (over 100 participants, many whom I didn't know personally). Which added an interesting degree of paranoia and skulduggery to the experience (e.g. "how do I find this person when all I got is a name and a bad photo?").

A few years back, a friend asked me to help them out by being an assistant GM/Ref for a LARP they wrote for a convention. I did it two years running, and I guess my disinterest in the form showed, because I was explicitly asked NOT to ref for the 3rd year - and haven't been back since.

Day 13: Ever played in a LARP?
Yes, Vampire because my friends at the time were all into it. I didn't enjoy it much. It was mostly dull because no one ever faced repercussions for their actions and it fell flat this occurred both as a player and a short-term Narrator.

Day 12: Yep, designed plenty of dungeons (along with castles, bases, towns, etc) and still do today when it's called for.

Day 13: I used to occasionally play in LARPs because I had friends who were into them. But I haven't played in one in a very long time; they really aren't my thing.

Day 13: Have you ever played larp?

Not with any success. One of my Usual Suspects from uni got heavily into LARP (or "freeform", as we call it in Australia) after we graduated, but I never really got it. I played an Orthodox bishop in one of Phred's Fading Suns / Passion Play LARPs, and a wealthy, scheming cloth merchant in a pseudoRenaissance freeform that a friend of his ran. I even made a cassock, biretta, sash, stole, and violet shirt with a Roman collar to play the bishop. And I collaborated with him to design a diptych of Jack Vance freeforms for CanCon one year (his half worked a lot better than mine). And in 1998 I designed an SF freeform called "Uninvited Guests" that a few friends and I ran at Sydcon that Easter. That was moderately successful.

But LARP really isn't my jam. I find that the settings, the circumstances, lack substance and consequence — there is something about it of playing clichés improv in front of flats, with no real opportunities or constraints, that leaves me floundering in foam.

Last edited:
Day 14: Favourite object one of my character's has owned?

This is a weird question. At least I think so. I never tend to worry about equipment or treasure. Not very acquisitional as a player. Hmmm...

I loved my Armoured Veritech Valkyrie.

download.jpg
Though supposedly a failure, I loved wrapping my M.D.C. robot in another layer of M.D.C. armour and missile racks! Our referee ruled that they were unpopular with the other pilots of the SDF-1, so our squad requisitioned them. None of the supposed weaknesses mattered a jot in space, so every battle began with an eruption of rocket pods as we dove headfirst into Zentraedi forces like maniacs.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back