GothCon, digital conventions and Live streamed Call of Cthulhu with Mike Mason

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

raniE

Big Bearded Guy
Reaction score
Not sure if this goes here, or in media, but I’ll post it here and we’ll see. I’ve been absent from the forums for a few months. This has been due to planning a digital convention, GothCon (Sweden’s largest gaming convention in a normal year). Well, I’ll have more time to spend here now, but just figured I could also advertise one of our few English language streaming offerings this year. Mike Mason from Chaosium is currently GMing Call of Cthulhu live in twitch here for three Swedes. Can be seen here. Will be up to watch in full afterwards for a while too.

Has anyone here gone to a digital convention, and if so, what did you think?

Cool, thanks!
No problem. You can of course watch the rest of our streamed content too, but most of it is in Swedish. We got some interviews with people from Free League (Symbaroum, Mutant Year Zero, Alien, etc) and Eloso (Swedish versions of Call of Cthulhu and Chill) and some others. Plus some more live plays of rpgs, board games and miniature games, including me playing Monster of the Week with some other members of staff.

Well, the convention is over and I seem to have immediately caught some crap and had to leave our streaming studio early (not too much cleaning this year at least) to try not to infect anyone else in our skeleton crew. Hopefully it’s just a reaction to the stress being gone. Anyway, we’ll eventually edit our streamed material and some of it is in English if anyone feels like watching (and if you know Swedish you’ve got a lot more stuff).

I’m still interested in hearing if anyone has attended a digital con, and if so what did you do? What worked well, what could use improvements?

I've never attended a digital or in-person con. These days aside from Covid I think I'd be more likely to attend a digital con just for the convenience. I do like some of the talks I've listened to from cons on podcasts and YT.

I've never attended a digital convention but I have been part of a regular BESM game on Discord recently and I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

I'll be very disappointed if is not getting streamed in black & white.

I'll be very disappointed if is not getting streamed in black & white.
Nah, although our work clothes are black and white. Not really those kinds of Goths I'm afraid.

I've never attended a digital convention but I have been part of a regular BESM game on Discord recently and I did stay at a Holiday Inn.
I've also played some on discord and roll20 the past year. I find I get tired faster in front of a screen than in a room with friends, which limits session length a lot.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back