Great comic book covers

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Spoiler alert it was Batman. Batman trapped them both.
See Batman has a big ego and can't stand someone else being called a master sleuth.
Nor can he stand someone else outwitting someone called a master sleuth.
Ergo, Batman trapped them both in a hidden cell in wayne manor, Cask of Amontillado style.

Spoiler alert it was Batman. Batman trapped them both.
See Batman has a big ego and can't stand someone else being called a master sleuth.
Nor can he stand someone else outwitting someone called a master sleuth.
Ergo, Batman trapped them both in a hidden cell in wayne manor, Cask of Amontillado style.

Batman actually did meet Sherlock at one point...

bats-and-sherlock.jpg

(the Sherlock that the Joker fought was an actor who became convinced he was the great detective after getting hit on the head with a pipe)

Now I want a Batman Vs. Superman where the instigation isn't that Batman's afraid that Superman will become some kind of unkillable God-Tyrant, but that Superman realizes that Batman has too much money.

Now I want a Batman Vs. Superman where the instigation isn't that Batman's afraid that Superman will become some kind of unkillable God-Tyrant, but that Superman realizes that Batman has too much money.

It's not quite the same, but there is the Superman: Red Son, the alt-history story in which baby Superman lands in Soviet Russia rather than Kansas. I think he does fight Batman at one stage, but I don't remember the details.

I've always wondered, why does batman have a giant penny in his batcave? Is it like those pacific island currencies where one giant rock represents money?

Google is a wonderful thing..

When a criminal who called himself Penny Plunderer started operating in Gotham City, Batman deduced that he would strike at the local coin exhibition. The Plunderer was obsessed with Pennies and in the exhibition, there was a giant-sized penny, which was the Plunderer's target along with the first one-cent stamp in history. Batman confronted the Plunderer and used the giant penny to defeat the criminal and his henchmen.[1] It is yet unrevealed how exactly Batman acquired the Penny, but after his victory over the Plunderer, Batman took the giant coin to the Trophy Room of the Batcave, where it has become one of the main features of the place.

1660628792730.png

The funny thing about Batman is how he will tell you that the themed costume and visual flair of his gadgets are purely utilitarian; it is all about initimating his foes.

Then you look at the Batcave,a place only he and his allies ever see, with its Trophy room and the fancy lighting and you realise that Batman is big, fat liar.

Google is a wonderful thing..

When a criminal who called himself Penny Plunderer started operating in Gotham City, Batman deduced that he would strike at the local coin exhibition. The Plunderer was obsessed with Pennies and in the exhibition, there was a giant-sized penny, which was the Plunderer's target along with the first one-cent stamp in history. Batman confronted the Plunderer and used the giant penny to defeat the criminal and his henchmen.[1] It is yet unrevealed how exactly Batman acquired the Penny, but after his victory over the Plunderer, Batman took the giant coin to the Trophy Room of the Batcave, where it has become one of the main features of the place.

View attachment 48723
According to the wiki page you linked, the Penny Plunderer was sentenced to death. Gotham's legal system is harsh on petty penny criminals.

I have a reoccurring supers NPC named Guerilla Ape, whose origin was an uplifted super soldier project. I'd like to play him sometime.

View attachment 53654
I had a super intelligent Gorilla Guerrilla take over an African nation in my Hero's Unlimited campaign. His name was General Hoonatboonata and he wears a uniform shirt with all the medals. He was lucky that the previous dictator was really fat.

ah, Captain Canuck! I used to hang out and game with Richard Comely's sons. Really, one of the reasons I never pursues art or gaming as a career is that I knew them and I knew how poor they were as their Dad tried to make a go of comics. They had some fantastic art in the issue 4 - maybe 12 did they get to twelve? I can't remember. My uncle went to College with Richard and had a couple of the issues 2 - 3 if I remember right. He teaches a college course these days and there's animated shorts. I don't think it'll ever make a real comeback though.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back