Greg Stafford has passed away

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Something else I've learned since Mr. Stafford's passing: he is getting blamed for the rise of the evil storygamers.
It is my hope that you're joking because otherwise, that's just insane.

It is my hope that you're joking because otherwise, that's just insane.
latest

For all appreciation I have for Pendragon, Runequest, White Bear & Red Moon, etc. the work that got really imprinted in my mind is King of Dragon Pass.

images

The fact Stafford mind spawned such innovative formulas both on tabletop and electronic media show how amazingly creative the guy was.

What is that a picture of?
King of Dragon Pass, the Glorantha based electronic game made by David Dunham, Robin Laws and Greg Stafford.

Its an unique hybrid of RPG, Simulation and CYOA genres, where you lead a clan through a saga in a famour location of Glorantha. It's a hell of a game.

Always enjoyed Pigs in Space.

King of Dragon Pass, the Glorantha based electronic game made by David Dunham, Robin Laws and Greg Stafford.

Its an unique hybrid of RPG, Simulation and CYOA genres, where you lead a clan through a saga in a famour location of Glorantha. It's a hell of a game.

They've released a sequel: Six Ages.

Chaosium posted this notice for UK Gamers:

UK memorial gathering for Greg Stafford
Join members of the Chaosium team for a post-Dragonmeet informal gathering to celebrate and commemorate the life of Chaosium founder and Grand Shaman of Games, Greg Stafford. Latymers Pub is 5 mins walk away from the Novotel Hammersmith, venue for Dragonmeet.

Date: Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 7 PM – 11 PM UTC

Was that Pundit? According to Pundit, Greg Stafford was a great guy, a genius designer, who created one of the greatest games of all time in Pendragon, and the greatest campaign of all time in the Great Pendragon Campaign. He credits Stafford for being the primary influence behind Dark Albion and respected him for his work on Mythic structures as well as being a shaman.

I’ve heard Pundit call lots of people Swine, but Stafford was never one of them.

There’s a laundry list of real things to pillory Pundit over if that’s your inclination. No need to make things up to settle a score.

Was that Pundit? According to Pundit, Greg Stafford was a great guy, a genius designer, who created one of the greatest games of all time in Pendragon, and the greatest campaign of all time in the Great Pendragon Campaign. He credits Stafford for being the primary influence behind Dark Albion and respected him for his work on Mythic structures as well as being a shaman.

I’ve heard Pundit call lots of people Swine, but Stafford was never one of them.

There’s a laundry list of real things to pillory Pundit over if that’s your inclination. No need to make things up to settle a score.

I don’t think a memorial thread to Stafford is the place to discuss it one way or the other.

Maybe start another thread to discuss although I’m not personally interested in further cross-forum drama.

I don’t think a memorial thread to Stafford is the place to discuss it one way or the other.

Maybe start another thread to discuss although I’m not personally interested in further cross-forum drama.

Huh. Here I thought the truth: that Stafford’s legacy was actually being celebrated by someone, like the rest of us, would be more apropos to a memorial thread, than the lie that Stafford was being criticized. Is it cross-forum drama to show that actually there isn’t any cross-forum drama and it’s being manufactured, or only when it goes against some kind of groupthink narrative fueled by various personal vendettas?

In any case, it’s not hard to find what people actually say about Stafford, and I really haven’t seen anyone who disagrees with the sentiment that a titan has fallen.

Huh. Here I thought the truth: that Stafford’s legacy was actually being celebrated by someone, like the rest of us, would be more apropos to a memorial thread, than the lie that Stafford was being criticized. Is it cross-forum drama to show that actually there isn’t any cross-forum drama and it’s being manufactured, or only when it goes against some kind of groupthink narrative fueled by various personal vendettas?

In any case, it’s not hard to find what people actually say about Stafford, and I really haven’t seen anyone who disagrees with the sentiment that a titan has fallen.

I’m not a mod but I think such debates are better conducted in another thread if you actually want to debate it.

Last edited:
Looked over the free adventure with "Sir Gregor de Stafford." Gee, he looks kinda familiar. :wink: Fairly unlikely bunch of pregenerated characters, but whatever floats yer boat.

I noticed Paladin and Paladin Adventures are both available. Have any of you played Paladin or any of the published adventures?

Fairly unlikely bunch of pregenerated characters, but whatever floats yer boat.
I assume you mean the culture mix. Not something you'd get from the core with Uther and Anarchy Period characters. I think it's supposed to reflect Tournament period characters.

I noticed Paladin and Paladin Adventures are both available. Have any of you played Paladin or any of the published adventures?
A bit, when I've played it more I'll post more here. We tried it, but went back to the Great Pendragon Campaign. Basically if you like Pendragon you'll like it.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back