Happy Thanksgiving (at least in the U.S.)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Happy Turkey Day!
I was really looking forward to this years Thanksgiving because I've finally learned how to cook really good food. Covid may have stopped me from making a big meal for my D&D group, but fortunately I am still able to cook some form my family.
Stay safe everyone!

Well since in my area all the other bastards bought the 8-14lbs turkeys, I will be making a 15lbs turkey for the two adults and four kids under 9 years old. So that's going to be an amazing amount of leftovers. I'm not a huge fan of turkey but the 8 year old really wanted it And hey it's a pandemic where kids are doing school virtually and not hanging out with friends so you give where you can.

Doing Thanksgiving solo this year, but that's okay because I'm okay with leftovers, especially turkey sandwiches. Doing up a small boneless turkey breast, as well as a couple of roasted yukon gold potatoes, some mushroom turkey gravy, and a few veggies. The cheesecake is store bought, but the blackberry topping is home made.

Also, it's not really Thanksgiving until you play the clip...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Bunny and I are celebrating Thanksgiving alone this year but she was able to find charming Thanksgiving items perfect for a couple with a tiny kitchen. We have a little rack of lamb, a couple Cornish game hens, and a small ham plus stuffing, mashed potatoes and an amazing cranberry sauce from Trader Joe's. The drinks are sparkling water, White Russians, bourbon, and whatever my espresso machine can churn out. I find myself grateful for the things I often take for granted like my health, a decent job, a roof over my head, a regular gaming group, and a loving mate to share it all with.

Traditional turkey day fare, plus homemade peanut brittle. I married into a Southern family. Whatever I eventually end up dying of, it won't be starvation.

In other news, my 34-month old son can climb (OK, fall) out of his crib, so I'm converting it to a toddler bed right now.

Doing Thanksgiving solo this year, but that's okay because I'm okay with leftovers, especially turkey sandwiches. Doing up a small boneless turkey breast, as well as a couple of roasted yukon gold potatoes, some mushroom turkey gravy, and a few veggies. The cheesecake is store bought, but the blackberry topping is home made.

Also, it's not really Thanksgiving until you play the clip...

"With god as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Last night, as we were getting ready to game, I was asked why I went through all that effort if I was only cooking for myself.

I think, this year, more than any other year, I needed that sense of ritual and familiarity. Not only of the meal itself, but of the preparation thereof. It didn't matter that I was the only one there, or that a decent amount of it went up into the freezer later that night. For that day, cooking while watching the WKRP clip and listening to Alice's Restaurant, and later eating the meal while watching the MST3K Turkey Day marathon, gave me a sense of normalcy and comfort that I haven't felt a whole lot of this year.

Also, leftover turkey sandwiches are awesome.

Last night, as we were getting ready to game, I was asked why I went through all that effort if I was only cooking for myself.

I think, this year, more than any other year, I needed that sense of ritual and familiarity. Not only of the meal itself, but of the preparation thereof. It didn't matter that I was the only one there, or that a decent amount of it went up into the freezer later that night. For that day, cooking while watching the WKRP clip and listening to Alice's Restaurant, and later eating the meal while watching the MST3K Turkey Day marathon, gave me a sense of normalcy and comfort that I haven't felt a whole lot of this year.

Also, leftover turkey sandwiches are awesome.
I'm on day three of Ham and mashed potatoes for lunch and dinner and loving it!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back