Has anyone got any experiance with Broken Rooms?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Rob Necronomicon

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Has anyone got any experiance with Broken Rooms? I think it was by the same guys who did the Desolation RPG.

I read the blurb on drivethu and it sounds right up my alley. :smile:

I'm about to pull the trigger but I'm just curious if anyone here played or read it?

I'm just wondering about the rules and a bit about the background. It seems to be played over 12 parallel worlds that are in various stages of the apocalypse. Each one is a little weirder than the next.

Thanks for any info'!

Has anyone got any experiance with Broken Rooms? I think it was by the same guys who did the Desolation RPG.

I read the blurb on drivethu and it sounds right up my alley. :smile:

I'm about to pull the trigger but I'm just curious if anyone here played or read it?

I'm just wondering about the rules and a bit about the background. It seems to be played over 12 parallel worlds that are in various stages of the apocalypse. Each one is a little weirder than the next.

Thanks for any info'!
The reviews on DriveThru are good. Did you get it?

Well there is Doctor Strange 2 with lots of parallel worlds, and for anyone that has seen it, the lava planet was allegedly supposed to have been Mustafar.

There is also Everything, Everywhere, All At Once which is also an amazing film to crib from.

If need be get hold of Gurps Infinite Worlds which deserves a mention here.

Oh, I remember this. It was a hefty saddle stitched book called The Nearside Project. Was published around the same time as The 23rd Letter. I enjoyed the read (and knew Stephen personally).

I thought it was most reminiscent of SLIDERS.

Worth noting the newer edition looks amazing.

Production quality has gone to 11. Remember my copy is the first first edition, when Stephen and I were both small press in Ireland. Some great idea. Looks like it's been expanded hugely too. I'm gonna have to buy the new edition.

Reading this atm.
Leads itself to a very narrative game I think, but the Tri-Stat aspect could easily be used with WoD Mirrors which has a similar system, and Psychic 2e would work well if you wanted slightly more crunch.

As would the Tri-Stat system although you would get a more supers orientated game I suspect. This would alter some paradigms of the game and could create problems.

Omni would work brilliantly with this system too.

Perhaps add in Gurps Infinite Worlds and Champions Mystic Worlds and you would get a fantastic extension to the setting. This would then include Jumpers, and Magic which would add a dynamic to the game.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back