Has anyone seen a color Hero Forge mini in-person?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Ralph Dula

Fighter of Fungi, Mortal Foe of 5E, Possibly a Cat
Reaction score
The title says it all, really. My vision has gotten Magooish with age, and painting minis is becoming more a rage-inducing exercise than fun. I’ve switched to larger scale pieces, but it’s not quite the same.

i saw an ad for Hero Forge the other day, and made a figure I liked. I’m thinking of getting it as a colored piece, and upscaling it to have it as a display piece rather than for play. I was curious if anyone had seen the colored ones in-person, and could say hiw the color pieces compare in real life to on a computer screen.

I have two and they do look nice. I don't think the colors are exactly like what you see when you create the figure but pretty close. They only negative I can think of is they are a bit pricey.
Thank you! I agree they’re pricy, but I figure I only want to do one figure, and I’ve got an overdue refund coming my way, so I can afford it.

Based on what I saw, the colors were muted to what they show--check out the example "what it will really look like" option before buying!

My experience is even the "what it will really look like" isn't exactly what it will look like, but it is close enough (for me anyway). Of course, they might have updated that since I bought my two figures.

I finally got around to digging out my figures (sorry it took so long). Here is a picture of the colored ones next to their uncolored counterparts. I'm nowhere near as good as painting figures as the 3D printer is. :tongue:

IMG_4912.png

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back