Help Find a Mini!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Silverlion

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I was skimming things looking for a Fu Lion (Shinsa) for a superhero game (long story that.) I ran across a miniature (either printable, or already pewter made) of a cybernetic/armored sci-fi Fu lion, and despite my immense googling skills. I cannot locate it again. I mention the sci-fi element because it had what looked like a tube connecting from one part of the lion's armor to another.

It's rare I can't locate something, much less relocate it.

Is this a request thread? I am looking for a 28mm "Earthman" mini for a fantasy game. Like a Charlton Heston 1968 Planet of the Apes astronaut with a laser pistol.

Is this a request thread? I am looking for a 28mm "Earthman" mini for a fantasy game. Like a Charlton Heston 1968 Planet of the Apes astronaut with a laser pistol.
Closest I've seen are these:
Screenshot.png

I wouldn't mind some generic superheroes of various types (cape, no cape, cowl, no cowl, etc.) and poses.

I was skimming things looking for a Fu Lion (Shinsa) for a superhero game (long story that.) I ran across a miniature (either printable, or already pewter made) of a cybernetic/armored sci-fi Fu lion, and despite my immense googling skills. I cannot locate it again. I mention the sci-fi element because it had what looked like a tube connecting from one part of the lion's armor to another.

It's rare I can't locate something, much less relocate it.

it wasn't these guys was it?

komainu-malifaux.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for asking but I actually have enough apemen. :thumbsup:

OK, well then Crooked Dice has all the 60s astronaut minis you could want, including "not Charleton Heston" heads.

images

You could even take a shadowy flight into the world of a man who does not exist...

knight.PNG

Nope, it's not the Malifaux/Wyrd one. It's longer, and more Fu Lion like--ie, a lion type figure with armor on, not a robot.

Nope, it's not the Malifaux/Wyrd one. It's longer, and more Fu Lion like--ie, a lion type figure with armor on, not a robot.

what sort of armour? I can find several armoured types, but they all look fantasy/Fuedal Japanese rather than science fiction to my eye

Sleek, almost skin-tight--might be a cyborg chest/body, but the head and tail are organic looking. It has a tube/wiring that connects from one part to another. It's really odd because I found it accidentally while searching for Fu lions, thought I'd saved it, but can't locate in my search (to be fair there are a LOT of Shisa/Fu lion searches on my list, as I was looking for one more appropriate to superhero game (i.e just the lion, not deformed/on a pedestal) first. There is a Reaper "normal one," but its way deformed looking.

Thanks for asking but I actually have enough apemen. :thumbsup:
Can you really ever have enough apemen?:wink:

As long as we're talking about this, a while back I saw a pack of Old West minis under the name of "Sharp Dressed Band" that were basically ZZ Top's cameo characters from Back to the Future III. If anyone knows where I could lay my hands on a set, I'd love to know.

As long as we're talking about this, a while back I saw a pack of Old West minis under the name of "Sharp Dressed Band" that were basically ZZ Top's cameo characters from Back to the Future III. If anyone knows where I could lay my hands on a set, I'd love to know.

They were from Knuckleduster Miniatures' Gunfighter's Ball line, since retired, probably due to a copyright claim.

2009121702952_sharpdband400.jpg

Anyone have Heritage's Caverns of Doom? I have Crypt of the Sorcerer which I grew up playing and I'd like to see the expansion. Maybe even the sci fi ones I heard they did.

Sleek, almost skin-tight--might be a cyborg chest/body, but the head and tail are organic looking. It has a tube/wiring that connects from one part to another. It's really odd because I found it accidentally while searching for Fu lions, thought I'd saved it, but can't locate in my search (to be fair there are a LOT of Shisa/Fu lion searches on my list, as I was looking for one more appropriate to superhero game (i.e just the lion, not deformed/on a pedestal) first. There is a Reaper "normal one," but its way deformed looking.

Yeah, I'm not finding it, and I've got pretty extensive tendrils in the hobby.

My favourites, by the by, are the ones from Kensei miniatures

Komainu.jpg

Anyone have Heritage's Caverns of Doom? I have Crypt of the Sorcerer which I grew up playing and I'd like to see the expansion. Maybe even the sci fi ones I heard they did.

From what I recall, Crypt of the Sorcerer was the expansion, the original box was just called Caverns of Doom. I believe some of the DD minis are still in production

Edit: check this out

Yeah, I'm not finding it, and I've got pretty extensive tendrils in the hobby.

My favourites, by the by, are the ones from Kensei miniatures

That one is solid! I just loved the Sci-Fi one, and I completely cannot locate it.

I bought a box of old Heroclix from Troll & Toad; since I don't play, it didn't matter to me about rares/game usefulness, so just commons of characters netted me most of the MU & DCU for 10-25 cents a piece.

And if you want a new superhero mini to paint/customize, just a bit of acetone and a q-tip will leave behind a clear plastic mini.

There are also used to be Superfigs (which turns out is Old Glory..heh), and a new company is doing "Watchguard" supers minis. I'm going with Heroclix and modding myself for the most part. Sentinels of the Multiverse had a mini's game as well. Though those are all "their characters" they'd be easy to paint as you wanted.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back