Hey guys, are Carcassone tiles supposed to be dogshit?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Paradigm Shaft

Rock Hard Member
Reaction score
Quick question. I used to have the caveman version of Carcassone a long time ago. I got the normal box for my family to play. Could not get the tiles out of the cardboard without tears. I did it so carefully and basically ended up with most of the tiles having tears on the back.

I also looked online and there is no customer service in Australia to contact. They say I should take it back to the store if there is a misprint, but it's not a misprint. It's just shit quality. Never had this happen with any other cardboard popout pieces in any of the hundreds of board games I have played.

Not familiar with the game or company, I'm afraid, but you might look them
up on social media or NGG and see if they can do anything for you

Quick question. I used to have the caveman version of Carcassone a long time ago. I got the normal box for my family to play. Could not get the tiles out of the cardboard without tears. I did it so carefully and basically ended up with most of the tiles having tears on the back.

I also looked online and there is no customer service in Australia to contact. They say I should take it back to the store if there is a misprint, but it's not a misprint. It's just shit quality. Never had this happen with any other cardboard popout pieces in any of the hundreds of board games I have played.
No that is not normal. I've owned 3 variants of Carcassonne and none have that issue. Misprint is the wrong word but it does sound like a manufacturing defect where whatever tool they used to precut the tiles was either dull or not pushed in with enough force to do an accurate cut. I'd return it. Tell the store what happened and I'd assume they refund you.

Boardgaming is popular enough that there is a thriving Chinese bootleg market. It's a regular thing nowadays to buy a board game on Amazon and get a copy with suspiciously cheap components. Carcassone is definitely popular enough to be pirated. Just something to consider.

Boardgaming is popular enough that there is a thriving Chinese bootleg market. It's a regular thing nowadays to buy a board game on Amazon and get a copy with suspiciously cheap components. Carcassone is definitely popular enough to be pirated. Just something to consider.
Yeah sadly that sounds entirely plausible to me.

No that is not normal. I've owned 3 variants of Carcassonne and none have that issue. Misprint is the wrong word but it does sound like a manufacturing defect where whatever tool they used to precut the tiles was either dull or not pushed in with enough force to do an accurate cut. I'd return it. Tell the store what happened and I'd assume they refund you.
Yeah, I've never had that difficulty with the die-cutting of tiles for the game, though I can recall it for a few old Avalon Hill games decades ago.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back