Horrified

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
According to Board Game Geeks it's pretty good. 7.9 is a very good average rating:

Good reviews here:

Ravensburger seems to be getting a lot of the movie licenses Jurassic Park and the Universal Monsters according your photo. I never thought of them as that sort of game maker I wonder what happened?

Other thoughts based on the photo, I'm not a fan of the minis. Bela Lugosi's Dracula mini isn't dynamic, the Mummy doesn't feel like Boris Karloff, and there is no Lon Chaney Phantom. Yeah, I know I'm being a board game snob but c'mon we know there a sizable audience if they had gone all out on this. Go big or go home I say.

Monster Squad, unless I am mistaken, an excellent film.

I loved several scenes, including the one shown.
A kid being scared of monsters in his closet, so the Dad hold the closet open, without looking in, explaining how monsters do not exist, while The Mummy is standing in the closet looking surprised.
Dracula walking across a square, taking out armed police nonchalantly, as if they didn't exist.
Dracula reaching out a cane and slowly lifting it up into the air, while the water nearby bubbles and a coffin starts to appear, revealing the Monster from the Blue Lagoon holding it.
My absolute favourite, the stars performing a ritual to banish the monsters, but the ritual requires a virgin girl to cast it and it doesn't work. "Are you sure you're a virgin?" one of the kid asks the girl who performed the ritual, "Only once with [someone], but it was so quick it doesn't count"

Yeah, I'm gonna need to buy it. The theme already sounded good, but the reviews have been positive enough that I think it would be worth it.

I would like to play it but can't justify buying it as I don't know anyone else who'd be interested in playing enough times to make it worth the price. Sounds like fun, though.

I would like to play it but can't justify buying it as I don't know anyone else who'd be interested in playing enough times to make it worth the price. Sounds like fun, though.

FWIW you can also play it solo and it still looks like a great experience. Also, its pretty cheap compared to most games out there. USD28 from Amazon.

"A strategic multi-player card game about Sacrifice, Betrayal, & Hoarding"

Sounds like a board game about marriage, if you ask me :grin:

[ . . . ]
My absolute favourite, the stars performing a ritual to banish the monsters, but the ritual requires a virgin girl to cast it and it doesn't work. "Are you sure you're a virgin?" one of the kid asks the girl who performed the ritual, "Only once with [someone], but it was so quick it doesn't count"[/spoiler]
"It says the blood of an unbaptised virgin."

"But we're in Essex, Morty. Where the hell are we going to get a virgin?"

"Um ... Games Workshop?"

"It says the blood of an unbaptised virgin."

"But we're in Essex, Morty. Where the hell are we going to get a virgin?"

"Um ... Games Workshop?"
I notice the "unbaptised" part wasn't an issue...:thumbsup:

I notice the "unbaptised" part wasn't an issue...:thumbsup:
Reminds me once of when I was visiting a friend in Italy, and it was a public holiday, although I didn't know which one. So, I asked him which saint's birthday it was today. He replied 'Saint Italian Republic.'

Played our first game and liked it quite a bit. Very accessible, thematic, and well presented. I liked how the players could manage the adversity of the monsters more than quite a number of co-ops.

Just got this, played two games: One with my 5 year old and one solo. I dig it. Not my favorite game, but easy to set up, tear down, and a quick play (since you win or lose, one way or another, since you have two timers going at all times - the card deck and the horror track).

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back