Hot rods on Planet Motherfucker

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Simlasa

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I've been reading Planet Motherfucker and Psychobilly Retropocalypse lately, looking for inspiration for very low-powered (but violent!) supers game. Both settings appeal to me for being mash-ups of all sorts of low brow cultural references and both of them have a good bit of hot rod culture. The thing is, I'd kind of like some rules for drag racing that are a bit more exciting than the usual comparative dice roll off.
I'm trying to resist getting mired in the details... though building the cars should be part of the fun.
I'd actually, surprisingly, considered the chase rules from Call of Cthulhu 7e which, while I don't think they fit CoC, are kind of a fun mini-game.
Any thoughts on systems for running exciting races?

Car Wars and Rat Fink w/the soundtrack by Fu Manchu. Easy too, throw some elder Gods mythos stuff in the mix:

SnuffFink-1.jpg

Looks likes someone's san points are running on empty.
I wish I could give more than one like on this post. It deserves like 10!

Car Wars and Rat Fink w/the soundtrack by Fu Manchu.
So Car Wars as a subgame... isn't it like super detailed and complicated? Or is there some 'starter edition' with just the basics?
Also, 'Rat Fink'? Pardon my ignorance, but is that a reference to something other than the Ed Roth character? It would be cool to stat up some of those Weird-Ohs and Odd Rods monster cars.

I love car wars. It's so much fun to see at tournaments. I tend to enjoy any game that has a build subgame. I wonder if it would be a good play by post game?

Wait if I understand correctly you are looking for Autoduel Champions. Superheros in the Car Wars universe

I'll back Dragoner up on Car Wars being relatively simple. I used to play it with friends at recess in middle school. Sure, it has some level of crunch to it, but if you are playing a game where people obsess about their cars, you need that to some degree. It's not even close to GURPS Vehicles levels of madness. Played a lot better than Road Hogs too.

Wait if I understand correctly you are looking for Autoduel Champions. Superheros in the Car Wars universe
Well, less Marvel/DC type heroes and more like weird monsters and mutants... and some Russ Meyer-ish Supervixens... probably with some 'powers'... but mostly melee.
8720f92b-c910-4b81-81d8-bb39732c8a43.jpg

I'll read the Car Wars rules... but I'm also wondering if Gorkamorka might be another possibility.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back