How did you end up here?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It's good to know that there are still fact-checkers on the internet. I was starting to lose all hope after 25 years of being online.

giphy.gif

It always is amazing what a little networking can do. I personally contacted about ten people when this place started out, figuring we could get maybe a hundred people signed up. Here we are at 600+. I always enjoy the stories of how everyone got here, the ones I really get a kick out of are the “I just found this place by total accident!” Love it.

For me it was finding a binder stuffed with those old monster manual pages that went into a 3 ring binder at a tag sale as a kid. I didn't know what a Yak Man was but it definitely peaked my interest. best two bucks I ever spent.
Fortunately, I had people to game with growing up but the downside was I had no idea where to find rpg sites online when I didn't have a group anymore. I eventually found the purple site was going to sign up but then had second thoughts. Then saw someone mention a rpg pub and eventually found this place.

I'm here via the big two...not really unhappy with either, but I'm over the endless shit-flinging wars [a la Prometheus Rising, et al].
So glad to see you here! I was tempted to invite a number of the PbP fellows on TBP over but they seemed happy so why dilute a happy place.

Hell, I'unno. I hang out on RPG.net sometimes, the Onyx Path forums sometimes... I saw a link somewhere. Don't recall where.

It wasn't the RPG Site though. I was only there for, ohhh... a couple weeks tops, before the pissy environment got under my skin.

I can only handle so much sniping before I feel the need to tell everyone I think they're an asshole. I felt it was best to leave :tongue:

Is it just me or do RPG forums tend to vacillate between being really great and being utterly intolerable?

Hell, I'unno. I hang out on RPG.net sometimes, the Onyx Path forums sometimes... I saw a link somewhere. Don't recall where.

It wasn't the RPG Site though. I was only there for, ohhh... a couple weeks tops, before the pissy environment got under my skin.

I can only handle so much sniping before I feel the need to tell everyone I think they're an asshole. I felt it was best to leave :tongue:

Is it just me or do RPG forums tend to vacillate between being really great and being utterly intolerable?
It's you. :devil:

Welcome Jetstream Jetstream! I remember you from the Site, glad to see you here.

Good, you stood out because you were reasonable and friendly. :hmmm:

Interesting. So either you missed me telling people they were being cunts about things, agreed with me, or at least agreed with me that they were cunts :tongue:

Interesting. So either you missed me telling people they were being cunts about things, agreed with me, or at least agreed with me that they were cunts :tongue:

It was defintely C

Edit: The only thing I could think of to make this forum truly perfect is to get a long, drawn out (and probably very boring for everyone else) Linguistics thread for fictional language creation.
I'd actually be down for that. Idioglossia is on of my oldest hobbies, but not one I discuss much in polite company.
Sounds like a class thread idea. :thumbsup:

After a long hiatus from RPG forums(Nothing dramatic, but I got what I needed out of G+). I checked out my old haunts recently and saw the types of posts and people who dominating the conversation. One place was gross and one was a relatively weird ghost town. Saw this site mentioned on a list on reddit or something and it looks cool so here I am.

Last edited:
I'm here via the big two...not really unhappy with either, but I'm over the endless shit-flinging wars [a la Prometheus Rising, et al].
RoadScholar? Is that the same R RoadScholar from TBP:smile:?

You're very much welcome, either way! Just a bit more welcome if you're someone I already know:wink:!

Also, now we really need Max and Chalkie here, too:grin:!

Other forums, already mentioned, are pretty bitchy for various ideological reasons. I find I've been getting less interested in the hobby in general as the online culture is quite toxic. Actually online culture in general is fairly terrible at this point in history, so it's not just a rpg thing. I figure I am better off staying away and offline as much as possible, and have cut down on digital community in all forms but in the meantime this place maintains a reasonable tone, so I can still get a bit of a fix when I feel like it.

Other forums, already mentioned, are pretty bitchy for various ideological reasons. I find I've been getting less interested in the hobby in general as the online culture is quite toxic. Actually online culture in general is fairly terrible at this point in history, so it's not just a rpg thing. I figure I am better off staying away and offline as much as possible, and have cut down on digital community in all forms but in the meantime this place maintains a reasonable tone, so I can still get a bit of a fix when I feel like it.

Welcome saskganesh saskganesh!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back