How did you end up here?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Now they just have to start posting!
But this thread is as good a place as any.

But your first post at the Pub is once in a lifetime.

Don't let the days go by.
I just made a reference to talking heads. If that doesn't make me Gen X, I don't know what does.
Whip it. Whip it good.

A thread on the Pub came up in an Internet search about a game - I was relying more on Internet searches about games rather than forums. Anyway, I checked the thread out and started to explore more of the Pub. I found that I really appreciated the vibe here - gaming, not drama. I recognized some cool people from other forums and it felt good to talk about games again.

Mostly, you're all funnier than hell.

A thread on the Pub came up in an Internet search about a game - I was relying more on Internet searches about games rather than forums. Anyway, I checked the thread out and started to explore more of the Pub. I found that I really appreciated the vibe here - gaming, not drama. I recognized some cool people from other forums and it felt good to talk about games again.

Mostly, you're all funnier than hell.
You clearly haven't been to hell.

I had a long exchange of e-mails about GURPS and its direction and prospects with a friend of mine who writes for GURPS. Perhaps hoping to distract me, he sent me a link to a discussion here. I read it, found that many of the participants had interesting things to say and put them well, and that the place in general seems pleasantly free from the conflict and rancour that I have found unbearable on some of the RPG discussion sites you might mention. So I registered an account.

I had a long exchange of e-mails about GURPS and its direction and prospects with a friend of mine who writes for GURPS. Perhaps hoping to distract me, he sent me a link to a discussion here. I read it, found that many of the participants had interesting things to say and put them well, and that the place in general seems pleasantly free from the conflict and rancour that I have found unbearable on some of the RPG discussion sites you might mention. So I registered an account.
Welcome to madness!

I got banned from another site by attacking every American. Now I'm here.

I had been posting a long time ago on the now long defunct 3ebb forum (not sure anyone even knows about it anymore) and some smaller forums.

I stopped posting and just read forums to mine for ideas and reviews. I gave up even reading rpg.net as it slowly became wrapped up in itself so I followed much of what was being posted on therpgsite. It also became wrapped up in itself and I saw that some of the users created this site while others came with them. So I came lurking over here and figured I'd finally join in. I'm mostly a professional lurker these days elsewhere.

It's hard for me to keep up with fast moving threads due to life's schedule. If I disappear from a thread, know that I've still read all the replies. I'm just a few days behind.

I had been posting a long time ago on the now long defunct 3ebb forum (not sure anyone even knows about it anymore) and some smaller forums.

I stopped posting and just read forums to mine for ideas and reviews. I gave up even reading rpg.net as it slowly became wrapped up in itself so I followed much of what was being posted on therpgsite. It also became wrapped up in itself and I saw that some of the users created this site while others came with them. So I came lurking over here and figured I'd finally join in. I'm mostly a professional lurker these days elsewhere.

It's hard for me to keep up with fast moving threads due to life's schedule. If I disappear from a thread, know that I've still read all the replies. I'm just a few days behind.
Welcome!

One thing that kept me coming back the Pub was welcoming community so I try to make it a point to say hi to newcomers. I was recently posting on a old school D&D message board about some B/X stuff but no one said hi or even commented on my posts. That was extremely disappointing. Even though the site obviously has a wealth of accumulated wisdom to draw upon, I think a sense of community is just as important.

This is why I like forums over FB or Reddit or whatever. But yeah I can’t keep up with the NASCAR posters either. ;)

welcome!!

I was scouring the net for Marvel Faserip content awhile back, found a thread from here, and recognized a bunch of names from Big Purple. I left that forum a decade ago and swore off Pundits site several years back.

I have been lurking here for several months, learning all your secrets and I like the vibe so now you are stuck with me!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back