How did you end up here?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I’ve been lurking/occasionally posting for a while here. I can’t remember how I found this site. I think it was a mention or link from EN World. I still post there somewhat regularly as well as on a few tech/gaming sites and reddit. I like that the RPG discussion here is not dominated overwhelmingly by D&D 5e. I also appreciate that the approach to political sidetracks is to delete the offending posts instead of letting them derail threads.

I’ve been lurking/occasionally posting for a while here. I can’t remember how I found this site. I think it was a mention or link from EN World. I still post there somewhat regularly as well as on a few tech/gaming sites and reddit. I like that the RPG discussion here is not dominated overwhelmingly by D&D 5e. I also appreciate that the approach to political sidetracks is to delete the offending posts instead of letting them derail threads.

It gives us more time to rant about geese and the inhumanity of geese. :hehe:

I guess ReluctantGM ReluctantGM loves geese and hates mother's?

Knowing the tolerance and patience shown us all by our dear mothers I would -never- cast aspersions upon them nor would I insult them. My mother, for example, bought me my first ever D&D book (The Fiend Folio, 1st printing) thinking I might like the pictures. OH, HOW CORRECT SHE WAS!

I know this might seem controversial but I -do- believe that however hateful you goose-haters might be ... you probably revere your mothers as much as I do mine. Or, at least, I certainly hope so.

SO MOTE IT BE

I suspect that, like some others here, I came from that Other Place(TM) where the mods act like the Nazis they profess to hate. And then, in a weird conjunction of the planets, they had a thread talking about forums that don't suck like that one! And the consensus was this place. Thus, here I am.

And, if you don't count the couple of PbP games I was in Over There(TM), I've already posted more here than I ever did there...

Like many others I frequented RPGnet but gradually saw more and more people being thread and subject banned for usually quite tame opinions, even about the subject in question. Eventually I got subject banned (Star Wars; I don't like the new stuff) for nothing in particular just being critical of The Last Jedi and just thought, "oh fuck these idiots". I scrambled my password and walked away. I pop back in to just look every now and then but its... hideous; even worse than when I quit. Before I arrived here I (stupidly) tried theRPGSite and, my god, that was just as bad (maybe worse) just in a different way.

I'm very happy to be here though. I like the more intimate feel and the general tone of the place although I would like to get into more RPG based discussions - most of my time is spent posting on the Star Wars thread or the "something good you got recently" one.

Last edited:
Burgonet told me about it on discord. I’m a joiner so here I am :smile:
“I’m a joiner.” That line was my finest moment once. Me and a bunch of friends were going to a movie. I bought my ticket last, and I literally said “I’m a joiner.”

Clerk charged me and printed the ticket. Everyone lost their minds.

Everything was stupider when we were in our twenties.

“I’m a joiner.” That line was my finest moment once. Me and a bunch of friends were going to a movie. I bought my ticket last, and I literally said “I’m a joiner.”

Clerk charged me and printed the ticket. Everyone lost their minds.

Everything was stupider when we were in our twenties.
I'm missing why they lost their minds. Doesn't a clerk usually charge you for a ticket?

Ah. I recently learned in some areas traditional gnomes are a symbol you are a Swinger. That came up as my brother in law and his wife dressed up as gnomes for Halloween. Comedy ensued.
They're also a sign that you have poor taste in garden decoration. I bet this has caused as much awkward confusion as it's avoided.

Perhaps we need to have a, hmm, measurement...? of how many gnomes are an indicator that you've gone over the edge?

haworth-garden-full-of-gnomes-2A4TC91.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back