How to kill a thread?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"Waifu" is not a typo, I assume, since you wrote it twice...is that a waif who does kung fu? Like our own dear AsenRG AsenRG?:
View attachment 14649
Exclusive GIF of AsenRG AsenRG in action!
I'd make some oblique joke about how you're about to lose your virginity but waifus and losing ones virginity aren't normally concepts that go together . . .

This is a waifu. They get more NSFW from there.

Waifu Pic.jpg

In related news, my other half got a body support pillow when she was pregnant with our #1 spawn and I used to wind her up by calling it the waifu.

Last edited:
I have reported exactly twice I believe. One was in a thread that resulted in a ban. The other got a “hey, calm down”

I am also in the camp of “click the unwatch button”. Conveniently, it makes me less angry, and often the threads die out. I’ve got one thread I’ve been just popcorning a bit.

No worries. I've solved the problem

Seems to be a record week for locked threads.

I go to work for a while and when I come back the bodies are piled up like cordwood.

Is it a full moon?

Seems to be a record week for locked threads.

I go to work for a while and when I come back the bodies are piled up like cordwood.

Is it a full moon?
First full week of work after two weeks of holidays.

The Emperor has a Bone to pick....

For some reason I read the final title as having the same kind of muted horror as "I have no mouth and I must scream". It could be a discription of a carving or statue in a CoC game.
“Muted horror” is a very good way of describing some of the recent thread closures. That’s not a knock on the mods btw.

If I may bring up other forums for a moment...

I've noticed that the Pub does have a bit of a clash on some topics between people who came from RPG.net and theRPGsite. There is a bit of a difference in the way that both groups go about discussion that can lead to disagreements. theRPGsite crowd definitely seems to be more in your face and if you don't like it... too bad for you. While the RPG.net crowd tend to moderate the discussion or otherwise derail it if they don't like it.
I don't see it often, but when the topic becomes a bit heated it seems that old tribal ways pop up again. I recognize some of the names from each site usually in the thick of it and in opposition.

That and there are some old rivalries from those groups that seem to follow them too. I am pretty sure taht at least two regular posters here (Who were common on thRPGsite) absolutely hate each other.

With all that in mind... this site works... we all do seem to eventually self moderate and you end up seeing public apologies which are almost unheard of elsewhere.
I've noticed all of this as well.

Nah, I say push it the other way. Remove reports entirely, but make everyone a moderator. Last person left wins some cool vaguely RPG-related prize, like a picture of Steve Jackson, signed by Doc Sammy Doc Sammy .

Oddly enough, I actually did meet Steve Jackson in real life last year.

And for those who are curious, it's the US Steve Jackson, the one who invented GURPS and Munchkin.

He was the Gaming Guest of Honor at MystiCon 2019 right here in Roanoke.

Oddly enough, I actually did meet Steve Jackson in real life last year.

And for those who are curious, it's the US Steve Jackson, the one who invented GURPS and Munchkin.

He was the Gaming Guest of Honor at MystiCon 2019 right here in Roanoke.
You left out the story of how and why you have nude photos of each other.

But it's not really true, I know both sides of the posters being referred to and I know them all from my time on RPGSite. One side was simply more dominant on the Site.
Yeah, a lot of the conflicts here are from formerly being on the same forum in the past. While the RPG Site has always been at war with rpg.net, I don't think the posters from the different forums have the same level of personal antagonism as ones that used to share one.
He said he was a doctor then grabbed Steve's crotch and said "cough"?
And the rest of the story falls under patient/doctor confidentiality.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back