I appreciate this place

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
There's probably not a lot you can do short of trying to edit the document down until it's less than 1MB in size when printed to PDF or maybe find a change to the layout that saves enough. PDF files are already compressed. I doubt there's anything short of a radical edit, finding some other pdf generation path that does it more efficiently or maybe lucking out on some layout change that brings less baggage into the file.
Humbug. There are no links or images, just text. Well, there are some imbedded tables, but changing those is more work than I am willing to do for a decade old rules set that was strictly a hey, this is cool kind of thing to share anyway.

Send $10000 to my official Ninja Training Academy and I'll give you a certificate as well!
As an engineer I used to work for the second largest carrier hotel in the US. It was a HUGE, HUGE Datacenter and because of that security was tight. Late one night (around 1:00) an alarm sounded in the security office on one of the doors downstairs that was meant to be permanently closed. Security. thinking that a sensor had gone bad (which happens) sent a guy to take a look. I should mention at that time the whole 1 million foot complex only had 6 security members on duty and only 2 were authorized to carry a gun. The security guard got to the door which was alarming to find that the door handle and lock had been pushed through the door by something very heavy and that indeed someone had entered. The guard then called the security station, reported his findings and ask the to review the camera footage for that door. He then searched the area around the door for the invaders (which is nearly impossible since the complex is so big). After reviewing the cameras security noted two people wearing black ninja style garb and carrying swords had entered the building with a portable battering ram (like the police use). Security then called the cops and tried to locate that bad guys. Ultimately using cameras which were focused on the most secure places they located the ninjas in a riser (a riser is a concrete tunnel usually running along side elevators going from basement to roof and where the heavy cabling is run). Security entered the riser of the fifth floor just to see the ninjas scaling the risers with ropes. By this time the cops had arrived and we caught on camera the cops trying to arrest the two in the riser between the 8th and 9th floor. Guns were drawn but the swords stayed put. Never heard what happened to them though my boss said they both had significant mental challenges

So I was trying to add a PDF as a resource here (1.08 MB) and was told the file was too large. Does anyone know how to reduce the size of a PDF? Or what the actual limit is? Inquiring minds want to know.

TristramEvans TristramEvans Endless Flight Endless Flight Lunar Ronin Apparition

Were you trying to add it as a resource, or attach it to a post? Resources have a file size cap of eight megabytes, which 1.08 MB is well below. Post attachments had a file size cap of one megabyte, which has now been raised to two megabytes. But it sounds like you were trying to attach the file to a post.

Were you trying to add it as a resource, or attach it to a post? Resources have a file size cap of eight megabytes, which 1.08 MB is well below. Post attachments had a file size cap of one megabyte, which has now been raised to two megabytes. But it sounds like you were trying to attach the file to a post.
I tried adding to a post first and it didn't work, so then I tried to add it as a resource and got the same message about it being to large. I have no idea why that would have been the case if the resource cap is 8MB. Wierd. I can try it again when I get home and see how it goes.

I thought "flattening" a PDF file meant printing it...

You're flattening the layers. Usually when you turn an Indesign doc into a pdf it auto flattens it so I hadn't heard of this before.

I can’t take anymore Estrada.
Real Men go 'full Estrada.'*

Don't believe me? Just ask Elvira.

MV5BZTc1OWFiMTYtNDE1ZC00M2FjLWIzMjAtNDUxYTk1ZDcyMWUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI2MDEwNA@@._V1_.jpg

* If you have to ask, you were never meant to know.

If you want to see a truly awful movie with Erik Estrada in it, watch Templar Nation.

Erik can’t act his way out of a paper bag. He’s just himself in his roles. If anyone thinks I hate him, I don’t. I liked Ponch (and Jon) on CHiPs when I was a kid.

Given that there are a couple of different threads currently complaining about the atmosphere or the state of moderation at the Pub, I just wanted to go on the record that I appreciate this place and the moderation very much. I've not been on the board very long or contributed much, but this is a far more laid-back and inviting forum than any other gaming site I've used over the years. So thanks.

Given that there are a couple of different threads currently complaining about the atmosphere or the state of moderation at the Pub, I just wanted to go on the record that I appreciate this place and the moderation very much. I've not been on the board very long or contributed much, but this is a far more laid-back and inviting forum than any other gaming site I've used over the years. So thanks.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. I now spend as much time on the PUB than I do on the rest of the Internet combined.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back