I appreciate this place

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
First one's free...

iu

Endless Flight Endless Flight Baulderstone Baulderstone - I'm sorry to inform you that it is my sincere opinion that there's joking in good taste, and then there's joking about replacing someone who isn't around due to health issues:shade:!
I'm not even going to attempt to argue that my humor is in good taste, but I'm not making fun of Dumarest. He gave me some great MSH and Traveller books. It was more an attempt to needle Picaroon Jack Picaroon Jack.

That guy deserves everything he gets.

I'm not even going to attempt to argue that my humor is in good taste, but I'm not making fun of Dumarest. He gave me some great MSH and Traveller books. It was more an attempt to needle Picaroon Jack Picaroon Jack.

That guy deserves everything he gets.
...I'll let Picaroon Jack Picaroon Jack answer to that, since he's here and can very well speak for himself:thumbsup:!

Yep. Totally irreplaceable.

*quietly monitors clone growth tank*
So about that experiment...does it come with the passwords for the Pub:devil:?

In recent days I wandered back to two places I haven’t posted in years.

I found the same people having the exact same argument, almost word-for-word, about why everybody else is wrong in their comic book tastes that I read there six years ago.

The other place had someone just throwing out a list of “identical” things to prove a point, and when I pointed out an error in their list they said that the error proves their point that everything on the list is the same.

I like it here. The madness here makes sense to me more than elsewhere.

[ . . . ]

I like it here. The madness here makes sense to me more than elsewhere.

We have preserved a collective sense of humour here thus far, and I think that folks at the more argumentative ends of the spectrum tend to get memed to death. While the external perception might be a bunch of middle-aged white dudes meming and shitposting I think this also serves to keep matters civil, and I suspect it also puts off folks who are inclined to take themselves a bit too seriously. Most flamewars that do make it here have their origins in decades-old shitfights that orginated elsewhere and tend not to last all that long.

Most flamewars that do make it here have their origins in decades-old shitfights that orginated elsewhere and tend not to last all that long.

Back in 2020 I was lurking another board I used to post on, and some dude who had been active on it 15 or so years earlier had decided lockdown was the time to return. Apparently he’s carrying a grudge for something I posted, and all I can think is “I can specifically remember you posting back in the day, and the fact we never interacted, but clearly you hate me now.”

I thought about dusting off my old account there and asking him about it, then decided soneone who came back after 15 years to rage about some post I don’t even remember probably wasn’t up for civil conversation on the natter.

I love this place because it constantly reminds me of books that I already in my vast PDF collection.

There's just... too many. If it's not on a physical shelf I simply forget about them!

Back in 2020 I was lurking another board I used to post on, and some dude who had been active on it 15 or so years earlier had decided lockdown was the time to return. Apparently he’s carrying a grudge for something I posted, and all I can think is “I can specifically remember you posting back in the day, and the fact we never interacted, but clearly you hate me now.”

I thought about dusting off my old account there and asking him about it, then decided soneone who came back after 15 years to rage about some post I don’t even remember probably wasn’t up for civil conversation on the natter.
In the vast internet wasteland of GenWhatever pointing at other GenWhatever hating on them we stand alone posting memes about hating them all but not actually meaning any of it. We're just entertaining each other and couldn't care less if anyone sees us behind the gym looking at RPG books.

You need more flaming machete-tipped whips in your life.
Is that what we call the just unrelentingly bleak, negative, asshats who can only see their one way as a possiblity and shit all over everything else in a down punching manner such that only they and their small cadre of identi-dicks can exist in a space?

That's too cool a name for them..

Is that what we call the just unrelentingly bleak, negative, asshats who can only see their one way as a possiblity and shit all over everything else in a down punching manner such that only they and their small cadre of identi-dicks can exist in a space?

That's too cool a name for them..
No, I was referencing the charming and very Pub-y series of posts from just upstream. (post #486 and following).

The asshats can walk backward through a field of dicks. Fuck 'em.

That is such an accurate summary of the twerps who have been brigading one of my other internet hangouts lately. I so want to shout at them about it, but I keep reminding myself that they feed on negative attention and it's not worth it.

That is such an accurate summary of the twerps who have been brigading one of my other internet hangouts lately. I so want to shout at them about it, but I keep reminding myself that they feed on negative attention and it's not worth it.
The only answer is to leave burning paper bags full of human fecal matter on their front porches. April fools! That's my shit on your penny loafer, asshole.

Just wanted to give my appreciation for this place. I took a spin with Reddit for a couple days and realized how nice it is here at the Pub. We may not always agree with each other but I can count on people being polite and knowledgeable. I gave another try at being helpful on some on RPG subreddits but many of the posts are so profoundly ignorant I get exhausted just thinking about how to answer!

Last edited:
Facebook, Reddit, even Discord seem to have so many people who read posts in utter bad faith. Like, they really just LOVE to bitterly argue. It’s exhausting.
No it isn’t! You clearly have an axe to grind against those platforms and anyone who uses them … and this aggression, um, will not stand … or something.

Nah, I can’t even pretend.

No it isn’t! You clearly have an axe to grind against those platforms and anyone who uses them … and this aggression, um, will not stand … or something.

Nah, I can’t even pretend.
This literally just happened to me in the Dungeon Craft Facebook page.

Some people are such miserable assholes. I may have my own issues, but holy geez are there a lot of those troglodytes on social media.

Endless Flight Endless Flight Btw, I wanted to mention that I might be stopping payment to Patreon within the next week plus if they don't respond to me this week.

I don't want to do it but since they can't be bothered to respond to customer tickets I might not have a choice. I'll admit the error was mine, I replaced my smartphone with a new one and the only two party authentication that I screwed up was theirs.

What's pissing me off if as soon as I realized the error I opened a ticket. That was on the 10th. I also opened a second ticket on the 14th because of how they layout opening a ticket I figured I might have errored under which topic to address it to.

Anyhow, while I've received an email confirming the tickets, I've yet to hear back from them. So, with that in mind if they don't get back to me I'll put block payments on anything coming from Patreon by the 1st. I'm highly annoyed by their lack of customer service on this. I just wanted to give you an FYI and apologizes ahead of time.

Just wanted to give my appreciation for this place. I took a spin with Reddit for a couple days and realized how nice it is here at the Pub. We may not always agree with each other but I can count on people being polite and knowledgeable. I gave another try at being helpful on some on RPG subreddits but many of the posts are so profoundly ignorant I get exhausted just thinking about how to answer!

I recently finally gave up on Reddit and deleted my account. The wheat is just overwhelmed by the chaff there. It became actively painful for me, so I threw in the towel.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back