I appreciate this place

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Endless Flight Endless Flight Btw, I wanted to mention that I might be stopping payment to Patreon within the next week plus if they don't respond to me this week.

I don't want to do it but since they can't be bothered to respond to customer tickets I might not have a choice. I'll admit the error was mine, I replaced my smartphone with a new one and the only two party authentication that I screwed up was theirs.

What's pissing me off if as soon as I realized the error I opened a ticket. That was on the 10th. I also opened a second ticket on the 14th because of how they layout opening a ticket I figured I might have errored under which topic to address it to.

Anyhow, while I've received an email confirming the tickets, I've yet to hear back from them. So, with that in mind if they don't get back to me I'll put block payments on anything coming from Patreon by the 1st. I'm highly annoyed by their lack of customer service on this. I just wanted to give you an FYI and apologizes ahead of time.
Update, they got their act together and sent me security questions I had to answer. Once I did that they sent a one time code so I could log in, then disable my authenticator and re-enable. So I'm all set. Plus I snagged the one time codes to put in my password manager this time that I forgot to do back in 2016.

Last edited:
Someday we should do a thread to gather Pub member contributions for a crowdsourced dungeon. Sell it on Drivethru or wherever to raise funds for forum upkeep and hosting. And use it to advertise the Pub.

The final boss should be a giant dire Goose or something.

Someday we should do a thread to gather Pub member contributions for a crowdsourced dungeon. Sell it on Drivethru or wherever to raise funds for forum upkeep and hosting. And use it to advertise the Pub.

The final boss should be a giant dire Goose or something.

There should be one of those "follow the path of RPGPub" bridge puzzles like in Indiana Jones or Baldurs Gate:
jehovah.jpg

After much debating the players will eventually try something and make it across the bridge! At the end is a plaque that reads:

Actually we just scrawled a bunch of random letters on an ordinary bridge because none of us could be arsed to figure out how in the heck to construct a bridge where only certain blocks fall out of it just by stepping on them yet the rest of it somehow stays up. I mean, how does that even work?

PS- We did, however, figure out how to make plaques that explode when you read them! You've got 5... 4... 3...

There should be one of those "follow the path of RPGPub" bridge puzzles like in Indiana Jones or Baldurs Gate:
jehovah.jpg

After much debating the players will eventually try something and make it across the bridge! At the end is a plaque that reads:

Actually we just scrawled a bunch of random letters on an ordinary bridge because none of us could be arsed to figure out how in the heck to construct a bridge where only certain blocks fall out of it just by stepping on them yet the rest of it somehow stays up. I mean, how does that even work?

PS- We did, however, figure out how to make plaques that explode when you read them! You've got 5... 4... 3...
P.P.S.: We're currently discussing whether Killer Refereeing By Committee is Swo:thumbsup:.

Greetings, RPG Pub. Chiming in. Read some pages for a day or so and decided to join up.

The forum I visited daily for many years has gotten ban-happy on long-time posters for no discernible reason in the interests of maintaining a place welcoming to all...but feeling more restrictive and paranoid by the day. I'm not really comfortable there anymore.

When you find Reddit more relaxing, it's time to go.

Greetings, RPG Pub. Chiming in. Read some pages for a day or so and decided to join up.

The forum I visited daily for many years has gotten ban-happy on long-time posters for no discernible reason in the interests of maintaining a place welcoming to all...but feeling more restrictive and paranoid by the day. I'm not really comfortable there anymore.

You are absolutely welcome to all like their opinions. It's anyone else's that's a problem.

One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble gooble gobble.

The forum I visited daily for many years has gotten ban-happy on long-time posters for no discernible reason in the interests of maintaining a place welcoming to all...but feeling more restrictive and paranoid by the day.
Nothing else creates and maintains a welcoming atmosphere in quite the same way that frequent public executions do.

I originally left because I didn't like the spiteful, mocking tone of the ban messages they give people they infract. If it was just that, I suppose I might have found my way back there eventually, if only posting occasionally. But their pointless cruelty towards BigJackBrass and Olivier LeGrand in particular basically means I'd rather shove matchsticks under my fingernails than post at that hellsite again.

It's OK though. For RPG talk I have this place, and for my PbP needs I can go to RPOL. I no longer feel like the Purple being the oldest and biggest game in town means it's the only game in town.

We went from 25 members to almost 2,500 members in a little over five years, so we aren’t really “that lil Pub” any longer, but we try and be just as welcoming and inclusive as we were on day one.

:shock:

That... certainly puts things in perspective.
Yeah, that was a great way to put it.

Welcome aboard the crazy train, Don't know where it's going but the terrain looks the same, at least wherever we end up will be far from sane. Welcome aboard our little crazy train.

Glad to have you aboard!

We went from 25 members to almost 2,500 members in a little over five years, so we aren’t really “that lil Pub” any longer, but we try and be just as welcoming and inclusive as we were on day one.
Memo to self: Ban 2475 members.

How many are actually active? I'd be curious how many unique users post a month, read more than 10 posts a month, unique daily visits etc.

I feel like theres maybe 30 of us who post almost daily, maybe 10x that who post weekly. That's just gut feel.

jehovah.jpg

If this is not already in a Grimtooth's Book of Traps, it should be.

How many are actually active? I'd be curious how many unique users post a month, read more than 10 posts a month, unique daily visits etc.

I feel like theres maybe 30 of us who post almost daily, maybe 10x that who post weekly. That's just gut feel.

I wouldn't put money on that exact number, but sounds about right.

An average of 225 users log in daily.

We have a lot of lurkers here. I sort of view the members who do post to be a slice of what lurkers would post if they chose to do so. Also, many people here probably have a fan club they are unaware of.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back