I appreciate this place

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I originally left because I didn't like the spiteful, mocking tone of the ban messages they give people they infract. If it was just that, I suppose I might have found my way back there eventually, if only posting occasionally. But their pointless cruelty towards BigJackBrass and Olivier LeGrand in particular basically means I'd rather shove matchsticks under my fingernails than post at that hellsite again.

It's OK though. For RPG talk I have this place, and for my PbP needs I can go to RPOL. I no longer feel like the Purple being the oldest and biggest game in town means it's the only game in town.
Reading those ban reasons/messages is a fascinating deep dive if you are ever bored. Nasty, passive aggressive and often hypocritical. Definitely time eating and often entertaining, be warned. hehe.

We have a lot of lurkers here. I sort of view the members who do post to be a slice of what lurkers would post if they chose to do so. Also, many people here probably have a fan club they are unaware of.
Worshipers!! You may now commence throwing pickles at my feet in adoration.

In order of joining...

1. Endless Flight
2. me
3. OHT
4. CRKrueger
5. Necrozius
6. Shipyard Locked
7. Doc Sammy Doc Sammy
8. Rincewind1
9. Nexus
10. RandallS
11. jeff37923
12. Spinachcat
13. Black Vulmea
14. MDBrantingham
15. Insanodag
16. The Butcher
17. Vile
18. Tommy Brownell
19. everloss
20. Benoist
21. Motorskills
22. Scott Morgan
23. Nisrad
24. Josh W.
25. robiswrong

In order of joining...

1. Endless Flight
2. me
3. OHT
4. CRKrueger
5. Necrozius
6. Shipyard Locked
7. Doc Sammy Doc Sammy
8. Rincewind1
9. Nexus
10. RandallS
11. jeff37923
12. Spinachcat
13. Black Vulmea
14. MDBrantingham
15. Insanodag
16. The Butcher
17. Vile
18. Tommy Brownell
19. everloss
20. Benoist
21. Motorskills
22. Scott Morgan
23. Nisrad
24. Josh W.
25. robiswrong
Ah yes, the Nerds of the Pub Table. Sacred knights that up hold the oath of "Screw you I'll make my own RPG Forum with Blackjack and Hookers"

In order of joining...

1. Endless Flight
2. me
3. OHT
4. CRKrueger
5. Necrozius
6. Shipyard Locked
7. Doc Sammy Doc Sammy
8. Rincewind1
9. Nexus
10. RandallS
11. jeff37923
12. Spinachcat
13. Black Vulmea
14. MDBrantingham
15. Insanodag
16. The Butcher
17. Vile
18. Tommy Brownell
19. everloss
20. Benoist
21. Motorskills
22. Scott Morgan
23. Nisrad
24. Josh W.
25. robiswrong
Some of these I’ve never seen post, and I’m surprised Necrozius was so early, as he just discovered Mythras recently.

When the Pub first started we averaged around 25 posts per day and just kept chugging along. I was told by someone before the Pub was even around that there was probably no way a new RPG forum would take off because all the choices already…

In my uni days I had a drug dealer who was also a big chess player and would play you to decide the final price of the product.

I always felt like I was in a Tarintino movie with him.

In my uni days I had a drug dealer who was also a big chess player and would play you to decide the final price of the product.

I always felt like I was in a Tarintino movie with him.
Well I suspect there's going to be a lot more chess playing NPC drug dealers in Pub campaigns going forward...

In order of joining...

1. Endless Flight
2. me
3. OHT
4. CRKrueger
5. Necrozius
6. Shipyard Locked
7. Doc Sammy Doc Sammy
8. Rincewind1
9. Nexus
10. RandallS
11. jeff37923
12. Spinachcat
13. Black Vulmea
14. MDBrantingham
15. Insanodag
16. The Butcher
17. Vile
18. Tommy Brownell
19. everloss
20. Benoist
21. Motorskills
22. Scott Morgan
23. Nisrad
24. Josh W.
25. robiswrong

Out of curiosity did this list have prior interactions at another forum so just naturally oozed their way over here following each other, or were these all people that just randomly saw a new forum and said hey, a new forum with (2, 3 4 etc) members I'll join! I recognize about 1/2 dozen names from other forums I used to frequent.

Just curious, I was aware of this place for quite some time, but it took me about a year to find my way over here because it was tiny and new and so many new forums never amount to much.

In order of joining...

1. Endless Flight
2. me
3. OHT
4. CRKrueger
5. Necrozius
6. Shipyard Locked
7. Doc Sammy Doc Sammy
8. Rincewind1
9. Nexus
10. RandallS
11. jeff37923
12. Spinachcat
13. Black Vulmea
14. MDBrantingham
15. Insanodag
16. The Butcher
17. Vile
18. Tommy Brownell
19. everloss
20. Benoist
21. Motorskills
22. Scott Morgan
23. Nisrad
24. Josh W.
25. robiswrong
Huh. A very rare instance of me being an early adopter. I normally wait until TV shows are cancelled before I even think about watching them.

Out of curiosity did this list have prior interactions at another forum so just naturally oozed their way over here following each other, or were these all people that just randomly saw a new forum and said hey, a new forum with (2, 3 4 etc) members I'll join! I recognize about 1/2 dozen names from other forums I used to frequent.

Just curious, I was aware of this place for quite some time, but it took me about a year to find my way over here because it was tiny and new and so many new forums never amount to much.

I originally promoted it in the comments section of a blog post I made explaining why I left theRPGite, I think most of the original influx from the Site came from there and then word of mouth.

My understanding at least is that the vast majority of original posters came from The Site and that most of us who arrived via other places were more second or third wave of posters.

Reading those ban reasons/messages is a fascinating deep dive if you are ever bored. Nasty, passive aggressive and often hypocritical. Definitely time eating and often entertaining, be warned. hehe.
They’re incredibly entertaining if you suspend disbelief and think of them as performance art.
It also helps to hope that there’s an actual Hell.

I originally promoted it in the comments section of a blog post I made explaining why I left theRPGite, I think most of the original influx from the Site came from there and then word of mouth.

That is what I thought. I think part of the reason I took some time to come over here was also just life in general.

I poked around at the Site after fleeing dot net in 2016, but I also really stepped away from gaming (or any hobbies in general) for a while.

2017 was probably one of the worst years in my life, my mother developed dementia in late 2016 and had to be moved into assisted living. She passed away in September of 2018 so I didn't have much time or interest in any extra curricular activities for about 2 years and missed a lot of your last straw events.

When I went back to the Site it was a different place than I remembered. It looks like I joined up here in October of 2018 which makes sense now looking back with some context.

Yeah I followed on your heels. The Pungent One went too far. And you promised us many of those… what do they call them? Oh yes, dank memes. So enticing at the time!

And still are.

Having checked back I think I was actually one of the earlier second wave people in August. But that was more a trickle than a deluge.
I'm part of the second wave. There was a post on RPG.net about other forums. I was on both RPG Net and theSite but both were degraded/degrading rapidly regarding places I wanted to actually interact with others. This place with it's no politics rule seemed like a light shining down from heaven. So naturally I tried to screw that up!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back