I hate geese. A free roaming thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It's strange how they are so similar physically but so completely different personalities. I like ducks. They don't poop everywhere. They aren't hostile in my experience. I accept them as a valid Runequest race .
The hospital where I work is lousy with ducks in the spring. I once saw one of them pickpocket a woman and waddle off with her wallet. I'm not joking about that.

We had so many geese this fall on campus that their poop shut down our soccer field. One team refused to play us, so we had to use this sweeper machine to clean it all up.

The game wardens suggested we get a large RC buggy and put a fox tail on it and chase them. I asked, "That is seriously your professional opinion?" He said, "Uh, yeah? Try it next year and let us know how it goes."

Well, it's apparently a thing:

This isn't specific to geese, but waterfowl in general. Social isolation has given me the time to note that birds in my backyard always perch in profile.
1587217681268.png

1587217705491.png

1587217749560.png

Is it a glitch in the Matrix? Do the birds just know I am watching out the window and are attempting to show their best side out of vanity? I'll continue to investigate and report back.

This isn't specific to geese, but waterfowl in general. Social isolation has given me the time to note that birds in my backyard always perch in profile.
View attachment 17157

View attachment 17158

View attachment 17159

Is it a glitch in the Matrix? Do the birds just know I am watching out the window and are attempting to show their best side out of vanity? I'll continue to investigate and report back.
Is the wind predominantly from the left of the pictures?

They are facing northwest, so that's pretty likely. Thanks for ruining the ridiculous theories we have been coming up with while looking out the window,
I've been told I'm an asshole a lot. A lot lot.

I never used to notice things like wind direction. Even as someone who occasionally sails it's not something I've associated with things. We moved to a house on the water and it became hard not to associate wind direction with things. Wind from the north here brings warm dry weather. From the south means cold and wet. Winter wind is from the south. Summer the north.

On topic it's God damn mating season for geese again. They honk all day trying to molest each other.

I've been told I'm an asshole a lot. A lot lot.

I never used to notice things like wind direction. Even as someone who occasionally sails it's not something I've associated with things. We moved to a house on the water and it became hard not to associate wind direction with things. Wind from the north here brings warm dry weather. From the south means cold and wet. Winter wind is from the south. Summer the north.

On topic it's God damn mating season for geese again. They honk all day trying to molest each other.
We get surprisingly few geese. Ducks, seagulls, herons, cranes, swans, crows, sandpipers, but I usually just see geese flying past. I did witness a pretty cool battle between ducks and seagulls the other day. Not as dramatic as the time I saw a peahen fight a bear, but it was diverting.

Not sure I've seen this one here yet:
9fcbc4b131ed532f988cfa7e1249c6c6df447de8.gifv

Hah! For me too, but it accepted a direct link to the page, so I had that going for me I guess. ;)

It might amuse you to know that in the RPG I'm writing right now, I added Weregeese to the antagonist chapter.

Weregeese, a.k.a. Fowl Fiends. They are evil incarnate and exist solely to cause suffering. What, you think I'm kidding? No, seriously, dude, fuck these guys, they suck in every way! Everyone hates them, and you'd better believe the feeling's mutual.

Consider it my homage to this site. :hehe:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back