I hate geese. A free roaming thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Yeah, I can't make this stuff up. From the new Swords of the Serpentine:

Sneaking past a well-lit watch-post full of alert guards, watch dogs, and vigilant geese1

1 Throughout actual history, geese turn out to make superb guards, and that’s true in Eversink as well. No, seriously! Go Google it.

Flock of Watch-Geese
Aggressive, territorial, loud
Defense – Health: Health Threshold 3, Armor 8 (Armor 0 vs. Sorcery), Health 4
Defense – Morale: Morale Threshold 3, Grit 8 (Grit 0 vs. Sorcery and Fear), Morale 8
Offense – Warfare: +0; Fixed Damage 2 (pecking beaks)
Abilities: Malus 15
Special Abilities: Flight, Universal Attack (cost 6)
Misc: Alertness Modifier +3
Refresh Tokens: 3

Description: Trained geese make superb watch-animals: inexpensive to feed, double as a food source, mean as anything, and both loud and territorial when predators approach. Both in commoner homes and mercenary camps, you’ll hear hissing and honking watch-geese more often than barking watchdogs.

Quebec has nothing on France.
The French just kinda... are french. They don't make a big deal about it, they get on with doing French things and you can either join in or fuck off, they don't really care which as long as you don't get in the way. It's cool. You know where you stand with the French.

The Quebecois? They work at it. They put effort into being French; there's a minimum standard of Frenchness they want to reach, it's pretty damn high, and unless you're playing the game too they just don't want to know. It's like EXTREME FRANCE.

The French just kinda... are french. They don't make a big deal about it, they get on with doing French things and you can either join in or fuck off, they don't really care which as long as you don't get in the way. It's cool. You know where you stand with the French.

The Quebecois? They work at it. They put effort into being French; there's a minimum standard of Frenchness they want to reach, it's pretty damn high, and unless you're playing the game too they just don't want to know. It's like EXTREME FRANCE.
Unless you talk to someone who is actually French. Then the Quebecois are trying too hard or something. It's like Frenchness has a certain amount of whatever about it. And the people of Quebec are fake French because they put effort into being French.

It's very weird.

I heard once that the Quebec French language is to French as Shakespearean English is to English. I can't confirm whether or not that's true.

Finally! The little poop makers have outdone themselves and are getting the one place you can got during coronovirus closed. Maybe now we can agree that it's time to send them back to Canada!

I went to the University of Waterloo, the campus of which is absolutely littered with feral packs of Canada Geese. Blocking traffic, menacing innocent lunch eaters, and shitting absolutely everywhere. Blech. Geese related deaths are actually factored into the 1st to 2nd year enrollment falloff for the bigger programs.

I went to the University of Waterloo, the campus of which is absolutely littered with feral packs of Canada Geese. Blocking traffic, menacing innocent lunch eaters, and shitting absolutely everywhere. Blech. Geese related deaths are actually factored into the 1st to 2nd year enrollment falloff for the bigger programs.
Wait. Death if students/faculty due to geese is factored into enrollment? Kill the God damn geese people! The world will not stop turning if you convince them it's bad to be near humans.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back