I hate geese. A free roaming thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Can you still get those? I was under the impression they were gone.
They got banned by the US and in most of the rest of the world under pressure from the US during the Reagan era. Much like barbiturates, they were quite addictive so their use as medication for sleep and anxiety disorders pretty much got shut down by the 1980s.

One of the last great things from VICE TV was Hamilton's Pharmacopeia show. Quaaludes are (were, by that time's airing) still being made in South Africa, and abused in a novel crushed-smoked way, like crack or crystal. The rest of the story is darkly political and deeply disturbing. Great show, apparently great drug (as per host, PhD in Chem), sadly real sick deep dive into the 'banality of evil'.

I also like that double 'aa' spelling. Makes me want to do something with that and vacuum's double 'uu' spelling. Quaalude Vacuum... nice mythos-esque mouth-feel. Just like "watermelon" is used for English lip-synching, I might try "quaalude vacuum" for lip-synching a cyborg or robot. I must go ponder these deep thoughts. :smile:

I still feel kinda bummed about my Requiem for Roanoke game.

I had a plan and really wanted to get it off the ground but I needed one more player. The fact that I was so close and it still fell through was quite frankly demoralizing.

On a different note, geese are awful and New Jersey is excellent

Last edited:
I still feel kinda bummed about my Requiem for Roanoke game.

I had a plan and really wanted to get it off the ground but I needed one more player. The fact that I was so close and it still fell through was quite frankly demoralizing.

I wouldn't take it personally Doc Sammy Doc Sammy - It's more than likely just a matter of timing; catching a group of players when they are in between online games is at least half luck. Not to mention some of our heavier online gamers here at the The Pub are on sabbatical from the forum at the moment for various IRL reasons.

The role of geese in Roman history was briefly hinted at earlier in this thread, but perhaps not everyone is familiar with this incident.

That the geese sided with the Romans suggests the Gauls were not the true barbarians here.

The role of geese in Roman history was briefly hinted at earlier in this thread, but perhaps not everyone is familiar with this incident.

That the geese sided with the Romans suggests the Gauls were not the true barbarians here.
Things got a lot more interesting about 55 BC.

I have a lovely goose feather pillow and a winter weight goose feather duvet I bought from Costco a couple of years ago.

iu

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back