I hate geese. A free roaming thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
By the way it's mating season for Canadian geese right now and those bastards are loud and territorial.

It might also be bald eagle matting season. I saw 15 flying in a group circling outside my house this morning.

I love that everyone thinks Canadians are like the nicest people, and we're actually the most passive-aggressive populace on the planet.
You're just saying that to fit in.

By the way it's mating season for Canadian geese right now and those bastards are loud and territorial.

It might also be bald eagle matting season. I saw 15 flying in a group circling outside my house this morning.
So what are the odds they weren't simply watching each other's backs and trying to keep the horny geese off their tails:devil:?

Do you sell something in a combo-pack, like a flaming pitchfork? I'd like to angry mob on a budget...
You're in luck! The Flaming Pitchforks are on sale! Get 3 for the price of 1! We also have flaming chainsaws at buy one get one free! Flaming swards, however are up charged, as anyone who buys a flaming sward doesn't deserve their money.

You're in luck! The Flaming Pitchforks are on sale! Get 3 for the price of 1! We also have flaming chainsaws at buy one get one free! Flaming swards, however are up charged, as anyone who buys a flaming sward doesn't deserve their money.
Cool, Ill take two.of the flaming pitchforks, a couple extra cans of sterno, a pair of those silicon oven mitts, and three packs of that spicy jerky you have behind the counter. Put it on my tab....

Cool, Ill take two.of the flaming pitchforks, a couple extra cans of sterno, a pair of those silicon oven mitts, and three packs of that spicy jerky you have behind the counter. Put it on my tab....
Sorry, we don't do tabs anymore after the tragic Frankenstein Mob fire.

While the turkeys grant protection, the geese are not idle, raising new generations of terror.

View attachment 46512
Believe me I watch this increase of these fowl beasts every year. I keep hoping the bald eagles will kill the baby geese but all I actually see is the poor duckies decrease.

That's a bit sad. First mom goes by with maybe twelve little ducklings. A week later nine. A month later three. The damn geese go by with two and the number never shrinks.

As I understand it, a 12 gauge shotgun with #4 shot will take care of your geese problem :-)

On a more serious note (unless you like eating geese, bleeck!) a friend of mine works at Magic Mountain here in California. They have many geese. One day, one of her co-workers, who is Type 1 diabetic, was headed to lunch and the geese gained Surprise, and attacked! She tried to help defend him, but on his attack, he threw his sandwich at the geese, who then withdrew with the sandwich, leaving the poor diabetic kid with nothing to eat.

TL/DR version: Geese are evil, and only respect violence of the highest levels.

How does goose taste? I imagine it's a rich, fatty bird akin to a duck.
Pretty much. You can get geese to roast for Christmas in supermarkets in most of Europe (the tradition predates introduction of turkeys here), and you can buy goose fat in the supermarkets as well. Apparently goose fat is good for roasting as it doesn't mind high temperatures.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back