I love you grammar nazis

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Reaction score
Parsing the writing on some forums is real, unwanted, work. I don't know if I'm too old and an eggplant emoji really can replace an entire sentence or if they got out of the habit of reading what other people have said.

Either way, I just wanted to say that I appreciate the way posters on this board use grammar, punctuation and spelling that I can understand.

Parsing the writing on some forums is real, unwanted, work. I don't know if I'm too old and an eggplant emoji really can replace an entire sentence or if they got out of the habit of reading what other people have said.

Either way, I just wanted to say that I appreciate the way posters on this board use grammar, punctuation and spelling that I can understand.
U wot m8?

Yabut nobut ya, [channels Vicki Pollard from Little Britain]... So there!

Wotchers an' cheers ol' butt mind.

I am a spelling nazi and a bit of a grammar one, but I mostly keep it to myself, so I guess that makes me less of a nazi and more of a case of language OCD. Since English is not my native tongue it's not as bad here. Bad spelling is still kind of painful though.

You should really have posted the title as "I Luff U, Grammar Nazi's":thumbsup:!

And yes, I also like that about this forum, but then since I'm ESL, I simply have a harder time parsing the meaning of the post if its wrote like 'dis. I have enough practice to still be able to do that mind - it's just harder.
And me and extra work don't jive well:shade:.

So yeah, grammar Nazis are the only kind of Nazis I'm glad to have around.

I'm not good at interpunction. I just do whatever "feels" right. And since I apply my Dutch "feeling" my English interpunction is probably worse.

Just teasing 3rik 3rik!

That meme is just a wink to the old d02 memes back in the day.

Not kidding, one of the things that made my best friend's now-wife interested in him when they were in the "getting to know you" phase is that he uses proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation when texting. I mean, it wasn't the main thing. But it was a factor.

Not kidding, one of the things that made my best friend's now-wife interested in him when they were in the "getting to know you" phase is that he uses proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation when texting. I mean, it wasn't the main thing. But it was a factor.

When my wife and I first connected online and started exchanging emails, one of the things we noticed was that we both knew the difference between "pique," "peak," and "peek." We like to say that we flirted with spelling and grammar. :smile:

I'm not good at interpunction. I just do whatever "feels" right. And since I apply my Dutch "feeling" my English interpunction is probably worse.
I think we never did English punctuation at school, except for the defining vs. non-defining relative clause bit. I recently said the same to an English teacher at a party and she almost burst into tears because somebody remembered the relative clause thing.

I think we never did English punctuation at school, except for the defining vs. non-defining relative clause bit. I recently said the same to an English teacher at a party and she almost burst into tears because somebody remembered the relative clause thing.
So it's commonly called punctuation in English? I did find interpunction through Google.

It was the first word Bill Gates 5G'd into my mind, and I'm too lazy to research my every word in a forum post. At least not in this forum. I know one where I'd not be surprised to catch a ban for using “interpunction” for “punctuation” or vice versa.

Anyway, leo.org doesn't know “interpunction” at all, Wikipedia opens with “Punctuation (or sometimes interpunction)…”, so I guess both terms are correct. And nobody seemed to have trouble understanding the posts, yours and mine.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back