IC Attack the Darkness! The Geriatric Brigade

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"Din' I say it was that one?" Nik wheezes in the face of the evidence. "Whut we hangin' round fer?" He marches that way, grumbling about what the still-liquid guano is doing to the hem of his robe.

:errr::word: "Would one of you spry youngins go help Nik in case he slips on bat poo."
:grin::word: "Instead of letting him wander ahead in a huff I am trying to be diplomatic like you, Porlan! How's it working?" :worried: "Oh, shhh!, that should have been quieter..."

The Nuggals and Rhyll take the lead heading to the East. Olaf heads up to Nik and accompanies him behind the Nuggals standing close in case Nik falls. The large amount of relatively fresh guano on the floor suggests a group sizable enough to include your family. The passage way leads to the east about 40' before turning north about the same distance, then back to the east half that and north again. Two of the Nuggals make it about five feet down the hall as it turns north before a pair of spears shoot out of the wall behind them. Fortunately no on is hit but you do hear the sounds of feet moving away to the north and a door opening.

"Quick, we must follow those footsteps and door opening to the north! Someone with candles and or chalk, leave evidence we came this way so we can get out... oh wait, I myself might have that..."

/tries to calm my Moonpie & Lulu, as I search for candles and or chalk in my own belongings.

{Bringing them down here might be too much for them if I am not careful... Poor my animal power projection.}

The Nuggals hear you urging them on and don't hesitate in the least you see them round the corner ahead of you. The sound of battle engaged hits fills the hall.
The old men lift their spears and follow the Nuggals ready to back them up.
You round the corner and see two gnolls down on the ground with at least three more gnolls engaged with the Nuggals.

/Once I get my chalk I mark arrows on either the floor or wall (whichever works and is visible) the way we have come into the underground. I also try to leash my poor Moonpie so he doesn't run off ahead in chase of Gnolls. I hope Lulu can follow my lead on her saddlebag harness, I try to soothe her. I know my animals will be frightened and may respond with fighting or fleeing, but too much chaos down below could endanger us all.

:sweat: :word: "Any wounded rally to me and my animals! We will guard you!"

You mark the walls and leash Moonpie while trying to catch up to ascertain the status of the battle. A trio of Nuggal corpses litter the floor as you see the remaining Nuggals and old men engaged with the Gnolls. The four remaining Gnolls flee down the hall after seeing your group kill three of their comrades. The men are in high spirits but the two remaining Nuggals cry for their dead friends.

:cry: :word: "I cannot save them... and I don't know if we can take on any more losses like this." Kissinger tries to console the Nuggals. "Nic and I ..." /gulp from painful admission "... cannot back you up with spells anymore without rest."

:sad: :word: "We need to rescue our people, and those fleeing gnolls could be our best lead. But I also think our luck is running out." Opening it up to the group and addressing Nic, "We may go out in blazes chasing them and new clues, or we bury our dead, rest, and then move in with them prepared, maybe even reinforced. Both are big risks at this point."

:errr: :word: "I am open to opinions..."

The men listen while looting the bodies for shields, armor, weapons and coin. The Nuggals howl for their dead friends.

"Rest sounds good but where?" Asks Porlan "Up top we have to watch for Gnolls, snakemen and whatever else awaits. Maybe we can find a secure place here?'

Rhyll says "We have them on the run! Let's kill the bastards!"

The other men look proud but showing their age. Eager to try but the flesh may not be up to the challenge.

:angry: :word: "We are holding back for caution while we are letting them reinforce, perhaps even sacrificing the last of us tied up and helpless! I am wrong, Nic, I am wrong. The Nuggals are dying for their kin and I am trying to save our slow, achy hides."
:irritated: :word: "We are more than the spells we sling or the weapons we hurl. We bleed for our lives and the lives of those depending on us to save them. And those bastards are running away with our best lead to warn their fellow villains to slaughter our last hopes!"
:gunslinger: :word: "Rhyll is right, we press hard and we may end this now! Blood for blood, we end this now! We won't dwindle sad and quiet and scared, we will instead make them fear for what they've done to us! Awooooo!" /brandishes Finisher high and tries to rally the remaining of us for a last storming tonight.
"We chase, we fight, we kill, we win! Awooooo!"

"Awoo." Nik tries to look enthusiastic. "This damp air is giving me the rheumatics, may as well have something to show for it. Onward to victory and a big dinner."

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back