Iconic Title Sequences

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Nobby-W

Not an axe murderer
Reaction score
We've seen a few of these pop up in other threads; here's a thread for title sequences or opening credits of shows. Sometimes the show is dated or mediocre, or the show itself may also be great. Sometimes the title sequence is a work of art in its own right.

That's hilarious, since they are both UK shows...

The Tripods and The Prisoner
Probably copyright strikes. Having said that, I do remember the Tripods title sequence with it's dodgy '80s CGI.

The series itself was a bit disappointing, though. I was a fan of the books as a wee lad; the series was a bit meh, and it only went up to the end of the second book. The folks doing the TV adaptation also didn't understand what the author meant by 'old men' in the second book, either.

Last edited:
I've never seen this, but anything with Bruce Campbell rocks :thumbsup::grin:
It was pretty obscure for some reason, buried in a Sunday afternoon timeslot in the 90s so didn't make it past one season, but I never forgot that theme song

When I think "iconic," rather than just cool, this one comes to mind...

So iconic, the opening gets its own Wiki!

And, of course, Gilligan...

And The Patty Duke Show for the same reason...

I'm a sucker for a title sequence that explains the premise in its catchy theme, like The Brady Bunch, The Addam's Family, etc. The exception: the drek that was Small Wonder...

When I think "iconic," rather than just cool, this one comes to mind...

So iconic, the opening gets its own Wiki!

And, of course, Gilligan...

And The Patty Duke Show for the same reason...

I'm a sucker for a title sequence that explains the premise in its catchy theme, like The Brady Bunch, The Addam's Family, etc. The exception: the drek that was Small Wonder...

Cool title sequences are just fine as well.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back