If your favorite game had a theme song...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
What songs make you think — for whatever reason (though for me it's usually the lyrics that do it) —of a certain game?
Deadlands

That really basically was the theme song for my ETU game. But one of the characters was named Russ "Bad Moon" Risen.

I use Hybrid's Break My Soul for an Exalted: The Alchemicals game I ran and it was near to perfect:

I also used Chris Cornell's Seasons for an Exalted game and it was memorable too:

To go with
1131182._UY475_SS475_.jpg

This was the theme music for my first Deadlands game.

Tongue firmly in cheek I submit this to be the Exalted theme song (with Spanish subtitles because fuck Exalted)

For my upcoming Vampire: The Masquerade 1e campaign, set in the original Chicago by Night setting from the early 90's.

Upcoming Eberron session against a floating fortress full of martial artists, dragons, and martial artist dragons:

Though I am really, really fond of The Expanse's opening theme, my next Traveller/Cepheus (ideally, Orbital 2100) campaign will open with this long-time favorite of mine:

I've found a new jam. For all of my games. All of them.

It's the opening for the Drifters anime. I play this for all of my epic fantasy games. And my action/adventure games. And my urban horror games. And my...

I think you get the idea.

Me: *cue Gospel of the Throttle as the game begins*

My players: "But this is a murder mystery campaign with romantic elements."

Me: "LEAVE YOUR HEAD HERE!!!"

Hey, it's a good jam.

I was one similarly afflicted by Borderland 2's Short Change Hero by the Heavy:

And by Dorothy's Gun in My Hand from Telltale's The Walking Dead: Michonne:

Speaking of Borderlands, ever since listening to The Vines' Black Dragon in the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel intro, I've wanted to run a Traveller game of space pirates where the ship is christened The Black Dragon just so I can use this song over and over again.

Incidentally, I think all three belong in my Savage Rifts playlist.

For my OD&D play-by-post game set in a fictionalized fantasy version of Jamestown. I even quoted the lyrics in the opening post of the interest check thread.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back