Ignore/Hide a Thread??

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
10 Print "Do you like OMC's How Bizarre?"
20 Input $answer
30 If $answer = "Y" or "yes" or "Yes" then Disconnect Session and Ban IP Address
40 Else print "Welcome to the Pub!"
(40b) sudo hax $reprezent="bizarre goose faction"="Yippee Ky-Yay Motherhonkers, now I have a sub-machine goose"

None of this surprises me.
Brother, have you heard of expediomoral setting lubricant? No true AD&D campaign can exist and operate under the brutal stresses of wanton verisimilitude unless a) the Good alignment explicitly permits the murder of sentient individuals with goals and dreams and dependents, and the goodest of the good gods permit genocide on a cosmic scale, or b) the DM lets me play one of my characters.

I'm supposed to like it because the band are my countrymen and it's really hard for NZers to break into the international music scene. But nah. Fuck that song.

Who needs fame and fortune when you've got the Dead C and the Tall Dwarfs?

I like to add Scotch until I'm incapable of tasting anything!
Make sure you drop down to bar-rail quality somewhere in that process. Past about ounce 7 or 8 you're probably fine with Glenfiddich over whatever fancy-ass single malt you started on.

Make sure you drop down to bar-rail quality somewhere in that process. Past about ounce 7 or 8 you're probably fine with Glenfiddich over whatever fancy-ass single malt you started on.
I was taught to drink the water of life by hardcore, burst-nose alcoholics. Start the night with something nice, maybe even three something nices. Then spam the fuck out of the blended stuff. Here's my tipple of choice, once good sense and good taste go out the window: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Famous_Grouse

Johnny Walker Black is also always a good bet.

I was taught to drink the water of life by hardcore, burst-nose alcoholics. Start the night with something nice, maybe even three something nices. Then spam the fuck out of the blended stuff. Here's my tipple of choice, once good sense and good taste go out the window: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Famous_Grouse

Johnny Walker Black is also always a good bet.
I'm a single malt guy, Islay usually. I subscribe to the above newsletter though. This is how I made a bottle of 18 year-old Cragganmore last nearly a year.

I'm a single malt guy, Islay usually. I subscribe to the above newsletter though. This is how I made a bottle of 18 year-old Cragganmore last nearly a year.
Aye mun.

Tallisker, Ardbeg, Bunnahabhain are all favourites of mine. Laphroaig too. Although I've never found a whisky I couldn't drink!

Mmmmm... 18 year old Scotch. Mmmmm...

So, this reminds me of a fuck up I did years ago. So, I had this idea: I'd buy a bottle of Scotch the same age as each of my kids. When they turn 21 (yeah rest-of-the-world, I know...) we open the bottle and enjoy a fine evening drinking a lovely super old single malt. Except, I forgot...until my oldest daughter was like 20 years old. Shit. Go to various beverage stores, trying to find something that might match up. 21 year old bottles were running $400+. Whoops, so much for that idea...

Mmmmm... 18 year old Scotch. Mmmmm...

So, this reminds me of a fuck up I did years ago. So, I had this idea: I'd buy a bottle of Scotch the same age as each of my kids. When they turn 21 (yeah rest-of-the-world, I know...) we open the bottle and enjoy a fine evening drinking a lovely super old single malt. Except, I forgot...until my oldest daughter was like 20 years old. Shit. Go to various beverage stores, trying to find something that might match up. 21 year old bottles were running $400+. Whoops, so much for that idea...
I try to buy Scotch that good at the Duty Free whenever I can manage. By Grapthar's hammer, what savings.

tenor.gif

Shotgun or GTFO. :wink:

I mostly stopped drinking alcohol. When I do, single malt or a good rye, neat, is my go-to.

The "manage ignored threads" action doesn't seem to work as I would expect. I click on "Agemegos" in the menu bar to drop a menu, click "ignored threads" to navigate to an "ignored threads" page under "your account". There is a button marked "ignored threads" on the right between the banner ad and the brown header bar marked "Filters". I click on "Manage ignored threads" and a menu drops down, offering "Manage ignored threads" and "Stop ignoring threads". The first does nothing so far as I can tell. The second puts up a dialog box asking me to confirm that I am sure that I want to stop ignoring all threads. Which I don't.

Last edited:
I'm curious what happens if someone "tags" another poster in a reply to a thread that poster is ignoring

I'm curious what happens if someone "tags" another poster in a reply to a thread that poster is ignoring
Alerts appear as normal. Ditto if someone replies to one of my posts in a thread I am ignoring.. Also, posts to threads I am ignoring show up in “latest posts”.

I have since un-ignored the thread in question.

Last edited:
Alerts appear as normal. Ditto if someone replies to one of my posts in a thread I am ignoring.. Also, posts to threads I am ignoring show up in “latest posts”.

I have since un-ignored the thread in question.

Maybe the ignore thread thing only works if you haven't participated in it. Just a guess. That still doesn't answer what happens if you get tagged in a thread you ignore and haven't participated in.

Maybe the ignore thread thing only works if you haven't participated in it.
A thread that I am ignoring shows up in “latest posts” even if I have not participated in it.

A thread that I am currently ignoring but have a post in does not show up in yhe main forum tables.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back