Inquisitor?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I built about 20 figures and played it a couple times. There was this one other guy who was really into it. I let him have my stuff because I just wasn't into it.

I built about 20 figures and played it a couple times. There was this one other guy who was really into it. I let him have my stuff because I just wasn't into it.
I was planning on using them for the RPG, but there were not enough choices to make a good party.

I haven't played for years but it was a fun, tense game. We used regular 28mm minis. I don't remember why we stopped playing.

=][=nquisitor is really where my 54mm obsession started. Well that and GURPS using 1 yard = 1 inch which is 1:36 but that's only well supported in military models.

54mm is an expensive habit.

Well, when I got into =][=nquisitor the local store was blowing them out at 50% off, so that helped. Decent toy soldiers are hard to find these days but Italliari had Romans, Kelts, Crusaders and Arabs, Hundred Years War British and French, Napoleonic British and French at the time. Airfix's classic multipart WWII figures are in 1/32 not 1/35. Walmart used to have some very nice 1/32 play sets with a helicopter and police cars and a fire truck. New Ray's line of toy cars and semi trucks were reasonably priced. I even got a really nice 1/32 diesel train for $30 when a local farm store was blowing out their Christmas toy aisle. The Testors/New Ray WWII stuff is on the small side so it doesn't mix with Universal Soldier's beautiful but expensive and out of production vehicles.

My kids got into some of it and just destroyed them during the course of a day, I'm afraid but I've still got two plastic tubs full and the train, and an apache attack helicopter, and I've sculpted a lot of 1/32 stuff but never had much luck casting it. One day I will run GURPS in 1/32!

Incidentally, Ertl, produces a 1/64 farm toy range that includes pickup trucks, horses, and a really lovely two story farm house that all match up very well with 25mm and are mostly actually 1/64. Also, see the Fast and the Furious line for mostly in scale cars.

There's a fan-made version out there called Inq28, which uses the old Necromunda rules. You may find it more accessible.

The emphasis in the community is as much on weird and wonderful mini conversion as on the game.

Inq28 is part of a larger movement in the hobby called "28" revolving around a fan group (and magazine) by the name 28, that is very similar in conception to The Oldhammer movement - about customizing both figures and rules.

I played it. It was Games Workshop's tentative check over whether they could do something like a role-playing based skirmish game, with a greater feel for the background of the 40K setting. It had a peculiar initiative system, from memory and absolutely gorgeous and large models.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back