[Interest Check] Classic Traveller

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Dave Shekter.
Oops, I saw that earlier...I was filling out 3x5 cards for each character for ease of reference and must have glossed over it. :thumbsup:

Where are you seeing "protective cloth"? I'm scouring the books but I only see cloth defined as "ballistic cloth (bullet proof) jacket" and priced at 250 credits.
Protective clothing (cloth) in the upper left vs cloth armor in the lower right

Attachments

• IMG_20180912_160402-01.png
    IMG_20180912_160402-01.png
    710.2 KB · Views: 4
Protective clothing (cloth) in the upper left vs cloth armor in the lower right
Oh, okay, the top left "protective suit (cloth)" is for hazardous environments and protects against corrosive or insidious atmospheres. The protective suit is sealed and air-conditioned and has a six-hour air supply. You really don't need one on Xenochrophis.

Cloth armour...the only reason I'm wearing mesh instead is because I reasoned Volodimir would want something that looks more like uniform, not SWAT equipment.
Hopefully there would be an opportunity to upgrade:tongue:.

Stan Stan, does your character have a name?

Daniel Martinez Daniel Martinez, are you still interested? I don't see a character for you.

<Runs and jumps into the rapidly closing landing ramp as the Scout/Courier lifts off!>

YES!!! Yes, I'm still interested. Sorry, I just barely got away from a nasty situation involving a terrorist bombing at a bar [completely PBP roleplay reference].

Anyhow, yes I'm still interested in playing and I'll be rolling up some toons using Classic Traveller. Is there a weblink you are using or are we going with the "honor system".

Initial thoughts are playing 3 grizzled Travellers who also happen to be in a "rock band" when they were young and recently got the band together for gigs!!! :music::gunslinger:

<Runs and jumps into the rapidly closing landing ramp as the Scout/Courier lifts off!>

YES!!! Yes, I'm still interested. Sorry, I just barely got away from a nasty situation involving a terrorist bombing at a bar [completely PBP roleplay reference].

Anyhow, yes I'm still interested in playing and I'll be rolling up some toons using Classic Traveller. Is there a weblink you are using or are we going with the "honor system".

Initial thoughts are playing 3 grizzled Travellers who also happen to be in a "rock band" when they were young and recently got the band together for gigs!!! :music::gunslinger:
Well, if you want in all you need to do is roll up a character using the standard method from Book 1. Any character that dies during generation is discarded. Then I'd highly recommend reading the entirety of the in-character thread as well as this thread and the out-of-character thread to get an idea of the setting before sending me a message with your idea of how your character can turn up and get incorporated into the game. If it's feasible, no problem; if I don't agree, we can try a different idea. Not a whole lot has happpened yet, action-wise, but I expect that should change soon as the PCs have begun to make contacts. I take dice rolls on the honor system but some people like to use some site that records them. I think AsenRG AsenRG or Bunch Bunch could probably direct you to one.

Well, if you want in all you need to do is roll up a character using the standard method from Book 1. Any character that dies during generation is discarded. Then I'd highly recommend reading the entirety of the in-character thread as well as this thread and the out-of-character thread to get an idea of the setting before sending me a message with your idea of how your character can turn up and get incorporated into the game. If it's feasible, no problem; if I don't agree, we can try a different idea. Not a whole lot has happpened yet, action-wise, but I expect that should change soon as the PCs have begun to make contacts. I take dice rolls on the honor system but some people like to use some site that records them. I think AsenRG AsenRG or Bunch Bunch could probably direct you to one.

Thanks and I will read both threads first and get back to you with my character(s) and a possible story link into your campaign. I should be done by tomorrow late night.

Thanks again

I recommend being a Marine. We're about to get a contact with a Marine who's been there for longer than us, and we've already got the Token Army Guy and Token Scout:tongue:!

Also, if you feel like you need to roll with a diceroller, https://orokos.com/ is at your services (and if you're logged in, it keeps your rolls linked to your profile). We totally need to pester Baulderstone Baulderstone and Endless Flight Endless Flight to install a diceroller in the posts, though, the way you have at MW:evil:!

Marine Force Comdr Volodimir Aso-Drumev
Male
Age 26
UPP: 795C77
Tried to get into Navy. Ended up drafted in Marines. Survived, got commissioned and even promoted, ending up with 6 advances in one term (two from automatic skills)!
Learned: Cutlass-1, Revolver-1, +2 Str, +1 Dex, +1 Endurance (all reflected). I can only imagine how the drill sergeant Andrew Ito was chasing him! "Move your fucking ass, you weak, fat, clumsy rabbit! Yer a rabbit, ya here me? Repeat it!"
"I'm a rabbit, Sir! Can I ask a question, Sir?"
"We've got a curious, rabbit, huh? Ask away!"
"Why a rabbit, Sir? I mean, why not another animal, Sir?"
"Cuz if you can't lift that cutlass, ya can't fight with it, and would have to run, rabbit-boy! Speaking of which, fall for 30more push-ups, than run 2 kms and fall for another 30 - now!"
"Yes, Sir! 1...2...3..."

2nd term
Vacc-Suit-1
Revolver-2

Denied enlistment after second term
Cr35 000 +2 Education (reflected).
Volodimir Aso-Drumev 795C77 Cutlass-1, Vacc-Suit-1, Revolver-2
Cr 21 160
Mesh Armour (150)
Medium Range Communicator (200)
Vacc-Suit (10 000)
Hand Computer (1500)
Light Intensifier Goggles (500)
IR Goggles (500)
Lock Pick Set (400)
Revolver (shoulder holster 30) (150)
60 bullets (300)
Cutlass (100)
Dagger (10)
Friends: Nils, a guy that Volodimir has found to be reliable while they were in the Service.
Hmm, I haven't changed that sheet in a while.

GM, can I embark on a Training Regime:smile:?

Given his stats, I meant to improve his Revolver and Cutlass. Because, other than that and Vacc-Suit, he hasn't got any skills. (Do you even wonder about our stellar performance on the previous planet?)

Given his stats, I meant to improve his Revolver and Cutlass. Because, other than that and Vacc-Suit, he hasn't got any skills. (Do you even wonder about our stellar performance on the previous planet?)
Yeah, he could pick up a new skill or improve an existing skill as soon as he devotes some time to it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, he could pick up a new skill or improve an existing skill as soon as he devotes some time to it. :thumbsup:
He could pick a new* skill? Wait, I'd prefer to improve his Forward Observer and his Liaison/Streetwise, then:grin:!

*My copy of the rules spoke only about improving existing skills!

He could pick a new* skill? Wait, I'd prefer to improve his Forward Observer and his Liaison/Streetwise, then:grin:!

*My copy of the rules spoke only about improving existing skills!
I'm not bound by the printed rules!
giphy.gif

But I am, unless I get your approval:smile:.
OK, Streetwise* and Forward Observer it is, then!

*I'm pretty sure we've been practising this since we landed on the previous planet:grin:!

Hey, I'm really sorry that I totally flaked. It's entirely my fault and I was enjoying the game. Several life issues hit at once, the details of which are tedious. I'm glad things carried on without me.

Hey, I'm really sorry that I totally flaked. It's entirely my fault and I was enjoying the game. Several life issues hit at once, the details of which are tedious. I'm glad things carried on without me.
Poor Dave is probably in lockup on Xenochrophis now...abandoned by his erstwhile companions.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back