Interest Check: Cyberpunk 2020 - Old Downtown Blues

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Stevethulhu

Studiously Indifferent
Reaction score
It's 2020 and there isn't a CP2020 game running on here. I mean, what?

Book List:
Cyberpunk 2020 core book
Chrome Books 1-4
Solo of Fortune 1 and 2
Wildside
Protect and Serve
Neo Tribes
Interface Fanzine for Subordinate Character Classes (suggestion, not required)

Getting Cyberpunk
Distribute 75 points among the 9 characteristics, with no statistic below 2 or above 10. After assigning stats, follow the steps given in Cyberpunk 2020 2nd edition for generating Origins, Personal Style, Motivations and Life events. Remember to note down any Skill bonuses from your Lifepath.
Once Stats and Lifepath Events have been determined, players get 40 points to spend on Career Skills. No Special Ability can start higher than 8.

Once Career Skills are bought, characters get 20 points to spend on Pickup Skills. No Pickup Skills can start higher than 5 Subordinate Character Classes from Interface Magazine are strongly suggested options.
Everyone uses the Solo line on the Occupation Table for starting wealth.

Notes on Character roles
Corporate Special Ability: Resources. This functions in a similar way to the Fixer ability, Streetdeal, in that it allows the player to take rerolls when trying to get access to specific Resources.
Fixers and Corporates will be using the Hot Stuff rules from Wildside (pg 10).

Combat:
When Soft Armour gets hit, but not penetrated, a 6 on a damage dice cause 1 point of damage to the target. This is not reduced by Body Type modifier.
Armour that gets penetrated, either by being overwhelmed with damage or from a 6 being rolled against Soft Armour, loses a point from its Stopping Power for each time damage gets through.
3 Round Burst and full auto fire may not be aimed for a specific location.
Monokatana and other bladed weapons are used with the Melee skill. The Fencing skill is not being used.

Starting Location for the game will be the Old Downtown district of Night City. Characters will initially be resident in either Meadowcreek Pines (B5#8 in Night City) or Bayview Condos (B5#16). Both have rent set at $300/pcm. There's a huge gang problem in the area, but it's not as bad as some parts of town.

First six that want in are in.

Just got this as a gift, would love to try it out before I try to run it. I may have many questions. Will my lack of familiarity with the system be a problem? Not that I won't do some homework. But of you're looking for familiarity with it, you may not want me on board.

Edit: I made a character but I used fewer points. If you decide I'm good to play in this game, would it be OK if I kept the same lifepath, but re-did the character with the new, higher starting point total?

Just got this as a gift, would love to try it out before I try to run it. I may have many questions. Will my lack of familiarity with the system be a problem? Not that I won't do some homework. But of you're looking for familiarity with it, you may not want me on board.

Edit: I made a character but I used fewer points. If you decide I'm good to play in this game, would it be OK if I kept the same lifepath, but re-did the character with the new, higher starting point total?
The system is really easy. Stat+Skill+D10 vs a target number between 5 and 30. Roll a 1,its a fumble, complete with table. Roll a 10 and it explodes. So roll again and add the result to your total. A 1 is just a 1 at this point.

It must have been a great lifepath! I'm fine with that.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back