(Interest Check) Doomed!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Doc Sammy

White Trash Weeb
Reaction score

"We're going to Hell in a Dodge Viper!"
-
Tim Wilson (1961-2004)​

Anybody here ever remember a little game called Doom?

No, I'm not talking about the 2016 game (although that one is pretty damn cool), nor am I talking about the boring and poorly-lit Doom 3 from back in 2004 either.

And the less said about that movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Karl Urban, the better....

Nah, I'm talking about the game that put the First-Person Shooter genre on the map way back in the halcyon days of the 1990's! The game that sold more software units than Windows 95!

That's right! This is a play-by-post role-play based on the classic games Doom (1993), Doom II: Hell On Earth (1994), and both episodes of Final Doom (1996) and that whole era of clone FPS games that immediately followed!

It is an open-world survival horror sandbox death-match game initially set on Earth during the events of a demonic invasion (sort of like the first half of Doom II) although there is plenty of room for parts of the campaign to be set on Phobos, Deimos, or even the depths of Hell itself!

You are playing as a Doomguy (or even a Doomgal) of your own creation in this setting and there will be a lot of cool and diverse factions you can be part of, and archetypes for your character as well.

Some of the factions are lifted directly from the games, such as the Marines and the UAC Scientists, while others are either original factions or taken from other great works!

For now, we will only include weapons and enemies from the classic Doom games, but if the role-play expands, I am definitely intending on including "expansion packs" for other famous FPS games of the "Doom Clone" era as well as famous Doom mods and WAD's, adding new weapons, enemies, and even character archetypes for your Doomguy or Doomgal.

Other potential expansion packs could include stuff from Wolfenstein 3D, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Alien Trilogy, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, and even famous Doom mods like Brutal Doom, Harmony, and Zombies TC

(And yes, I may include Chex Quest as an expansion pack for April Fools Day)

Alright, now onto the system itself...

Doomed! is probably going to use a simple d100 percentile-based system of my own creation, using a common and easy-to-use online dice roller. The relevant character stats and attributes will be explained in the next thread post and it will be a fairly basic and rules-light system.

If any of you guys are fans of Doom or just classic comic-book style edge from the 1980's and 1990's, let me know if you are interested and if you're a White Wolf fan, you might also want to check out my other Play By Post project as well, the one and only Dante Mountain Darkness

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back