Interest check: Dungeon Crawl Classics official adventures

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Which DCC adventure sounds fun and unfamiliar to you?

• Classic dungeon crawl (Jewels of the Carnifex)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Facing the frost giants (Beyond the Black Gate)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Wizard duel! (Enter the Dagon)

• Pocket plane with strange rules (Fate's Fell Hand)

• Against the titans (Colossus, Arise!)

• Delving into the underdark (Journey to the Center of Aereth)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Backwoods rustic hexcrawl (The Chained Coffin)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Sword-and-planet hexcrawl (Peril on the Purple Planet)

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Now a note for Simon Hogwood Simon Hogwood...I changed a ranger's starting mithril allowance from a discount armor and weapon to two discount weapons. The reason: rangers aren't noble, and they specialize in two weapons. This allows them to have one of each in mithril.

Since only one of your weapons benefits from being mithril, you can choose whatever you want for the other, like a dagger. Or maybe I'm wrong and you paid for the scale without the discount? In which case: carry on.
I had assumed/hoped that this was an option rather than a strict change, since you also recommend that one of the specialization weapons be a longbow. That said, if I don't have to specialize in it I'd be happy to add a mithril dagger and either downgrade my armor or pay for it outright. Otherwise we may be having a discussion about how exactly that Mithril Longbow is supposed to work.:clown:
I meant I'd take the last place in single file. :smile:
Dangit, I'm going to end up in front again, aren't I? :shock:

That said, if I don't have to specialize in it I'd be happy to add a mithril dagger and either downgrade my armor or pay for it outright.
Sounds good. Sorry for the disappointment...it seemed like a reasonable change for the ranger for both mechanics and theme.

Rules questions:
From an example in the book, which I can no longer remember where, I understood that you could spend luck points after the roll. Is this correct? Given the nature of pbp, it might be hard for Steevo to add luck before others' rolls unless the player takes time to ask.

Is spellburn spent before or after the roll?

How do you handle retainers? Are they more like junior dmpcs? Are are they more like 2nd PCs unless abused, then the DM steps in? Am I to say what Ricky does in a fight, or not?

I understood that you could spend luck points after the roll. Is this correct?
Yes!
Is spellburn spent before or after the roll?
Only before! In my experience, if you're going to spellburn, go big.
How do you handle retainers? Are they more like junior dmpcs? Are are they more like 2nd PCs unless abused, then the DM steps in?
DCC has no rules for retainers that I'm aware of. I treat them as straight-up NPCs. In this setting, it makes sense for "Ricky" to be something like an apprentice or "junior provisional" adventurer, and that's how I've been running him.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back